Boesmani Rainbowfish stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabshire55

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 90 gallon tank with 2 Emporer 400 filters running. I have a Bristlenose Pleco and 16 2 inch Boesmani Rainbowfish. I got them when they were less than an inch and couldn't determine the sex. Now that they are at 2 inches I have determined that I have 9 males and 7 females. How many can I safely keep in my tank?

Boesmani are beautiful fish and they will get to about 4" or so. I don't see why you can't keep all of them. Make a spawning mop and put it in the tank- Rainbows are so beautiful when in full mating color. Not sure about that pleco- they get pretty big-wouldn't add another one. My 125 has 16 rainbows along with roseline barbs and longipinnis tetra- they all get along wonderfully. Enjoy your tank!

It should be fine but if you notice fish getting stressed add more females.

Thanks for the advice. I have read that I could have up to 72.5 inches of thin bodied fish or 48 inches of full bodied fish. I just want to make sure my tank is not overstocked.

dabshire55 said:
Thanks for the advice. I have read that I could have up to 72.5 inches of thin bodied fish or 48 inches of full bodied fish. I just want to make sure my tank is not overstocked.

Its fine and if needed could handle a couple more females.

Back
Top Bottom