Bolivian ram vs german blue ram and how many of each

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ILikeFishesALot36

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For a standard size 30 gallon with 50 gallon HOB ( not sure on brand).
I would like these fish
3-5 Panda corys
1 Angel fish( only 1 and will be moved when large enough to my friends 70 gallon angel tank)
7 Neon tetras ( not an option since their tank will be converted to shrimp tank)
And Bolivian ram or German blue ram.
My question is , which do you like better, and how many of it would be best? I want a pair if possible.
And how does my stocking plan sound?

I would do one ram, or two of the same sex, since you will have the neons and cories swimming in their tank region. Otherwise things could get ugly.

If the angel is small it should work, but if adding a large angel with neons they could possibly become snacks.

I would stock 6 cories.

Blue rams are gorgeous, but I can't keep one alive for the life of me, so I'd have to recommend bolivians.

I would wait until the angel is gone. Cichlids get very territorial... so between the angel and a ram, it might not play out very well.

My only experience with angels and rams is them getting along fine.

mfdrookie516 said:
I would wait until the angel is gone. Cichlids get very territorial... so between the angel and a ram, it might not play out very well.

Rams and angels stay in different areas in the tank so I'm pretty sure they will be ok

That's true to some extent..but my angel does spend plenty of time down on the same level as my ram.

My angels all stay down towards the bottom a lot. They also get quite aggressive towards tankmates, especially each other and the rams I had when I did have them. Angels are often underestimated in terms of aggression.

mfdrookie516 said:
My angels all stay down towards the bottom a lot. They also get quite aggressive towards tankmates, especially each other and the rams I had when I did have them. Angels are often underestimated in terms of aggression.

I apologize :p

Back
Top Bottom