Bottom dweller suggestions for a 55 gallon Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely would not get any angelicus. I had 1 jump out through a 2" x 2" gap in my glass hood. I also have a tall tank.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dunno if they're especially prone to jumping though, compared to any other fish. The only time I've had a botiid loach jump is into a hob filter. And I've had more botia than most.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dunno if they're especially prone to jumping though, compared to any other fish. The only time I've had a botiid loach jump is into a hob filter. And I've had more botia than most.

Yep, I have had plenty in my time too. They definitely fly to the top of the tank and test their surroundings. I just wouldn't trust them without a hood.

Well, whoops!

I left before I could get these posts about jumping, and ended up with two angelicus loaches!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Yep, I have had plenty in my time too. They definitely fly to the top of the tank and test their surroundings. I just wouldn't trust them without a hood.

Weird, just different experiences I guess.

How are the angelicus doing?

There's a extremely pretty type of loach called a Pangio kuhlii they eat scraps at night and are very pretty also the kinda look like a eel here's a picture also they are easy to care for ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439570601.406046.jpg

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

How are the angelicus doing?

They are crazy!

They've both swam into the filter salmon style, and one has jumped out! All the other fish seem to be scared of them so it's not do to bullying.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

And I found them both in the filter again, so I unplugged it and am just going to let them use that for their little loach house. This shouldn't be a problem because there is three filters on the tank, and I was planning on moving "their" filter out anyway.

Fishobsessed7

I would say Khulis. They are so entertaining!! Any the dont jump. The Angeliscus or whatever do.

I cant spell today i guess, sorry ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

And I found them both in the filter again, so I unplugged it and am just going to let them use that for their little loach house. This shouldn't be a problem because there is three filters on the tank, and I was planning on moving "their" filter out anyway.

Fishobsessed7

Get them plenty of caves to hide in. I purchased this tree decoration (on the right) from Petsmart and they absolutely love it. Them need something to hide in to help them settle in. Also have a cave decoration on the left that I pulled a fake plant out of and attached a anubias nana to.

Attachments

• 1439660366364.jpg
    1439660366364.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 74
Get them plenty of caves to hide in. I purchased this tree decoration (on the right) from Petsmart and they absolutely love it. Them need something to hide in to help them settle in. Also have a cave decoration on the left that I pulled a fake plant out of and attached a anubias nana to.

There were a few caves in there, and they hid in there for a while, until they found the filter!

Fishobsessed7

One of the many many teeny loaches.

Dwarf chain loach are fun and beautiful and friendly but expensive.

I have Laos Pygmy multi striped loaches ... Pretty small and very good at cleaning the cracks. They sometimes "play" in a way tha looks like they're nipping at the others but that stopped after a month. I doubt they'd swim high enough to bug the betta but I know little about Rams.

The Wet Spot Tropical Fish has a large selection, ships, and can advise.

Otos are important, IMO. My cleanup crew is Otos for algae, loaches for missed food, ghost shrimp and MTS as detrivores and the latter also till the substrate. (Detrivores don't eat poo, they sift through it for undigested food, so it breaks down faster).

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I already got a kubotai from my lfs and need to get him a school (they only had one left).... no more room for loaches, dangit xP

Back
Top Bottom