Botton Polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrsfuller2572

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a small cluster of button polyps that although they are spreading slowly, have lost most of the 'hair' like edges. One has turned inside out-like and looks more like a round ball, than what it's supposed to.
ANy ideas?
Thanks.

Alot of time when they catch some food they will close up bit just for a few moments. They kind of like moderate flow and if they get too much they will close up. What are your water check results. Here is a pic of mine. Do they look like these.

Attachments

• 100_0465_180.jpg
    100_0465_180.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 50
Every now and then, they'll close up (round ball) for a week or so and "regenerate". If your water parameters are OK, then it might just be a normal thing.

Water parameters were fine EXCEPT the Ph. It was barely 8.0...looks more like 7.9
So, I have followed the directions and added some buffer.
I wish they looked as nice as yours do, melosu. I have 5 heads, the two original larger ones, and three new 'babies'. The color has gone from the centers, from the nice green like yours to just plain brown (like the stems). One of the large ones appears to have turned inside out like a little ball for nearly two weeks now. The other large one has lost the hair around the edges, but still opens and closes like normal.
I will relocate them to an area of lesser current and get the Ph back on track.

IMO frequent PWC`s are better. I have always done weekly PWC`s for nine yrs now. I think this will be better in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom