bout to start a new brackish tank for a eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pstrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok its a 20g tank and im planing on getting a (fresh water)(snow flake) morey eel. witch is actully brackish even thow they sell them as fresh. i know i will eventuly need a bigger tank but the animal is quit small and will do fine for a while.my ?s are...
1. do i cycle as brackish or can i cycle as fresh and than add salt after
2.whats the quickest way to cycle
3.any info on the species what so ever seen a lot of contradictions in the research iv done
its a varry cool animal and whant to give it the best home i can so please help me help the lille guy:)

Dip you have other tanks that you can get some filter media from? If so are they fresh or salt?

Cycle it as fresh then. After it is cycled raise the salinity slowly. The recommended is .002 per week. I'm currently doing this with my green spot puffer tank, also a 20.

ok...did u put the fish in the freshwater and rais the salinitly with him in it?

Yes I've had him for about a month and wanted to make sure he was healthy and good. And I needed to get the $ to buy a refractometer.

i have it in my notes but dont have them with me at the moment as soon as i get them ill reply with it

im in the prosses of cycling now and have done a lot of research...prob is iv found a lot of miss leading info and am trying to find someone witha bit of expeirance on this particuler fish:)

Back
Top Bottom