Boyd's Chemi Pure Elite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sleeves

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone here use Boyd's Chemi Pure Elite?

Been reading about it and it looks pretty good to replace carbon media.

if so... how much to use for a 150 gal African Cichlid tank?

I do not use it, but the 11.74 oz package says four would be needed for a 150 gallons. One grande package does 200 gallons.

The only reason I don't use it is because it needs to be replaced, with 3 aquariums, one being a 120 gallon, well I don't feel like buying these every four months.

I do not use it, but the 11.74 oz package says four would be needed for a 150 gallons. One grande package does 200 gallons.

The only reason I don't use it is because it needs to be replaced, with 3 aquariums, one being a 120 gallon, well I don't feel like buying these every four months.

what do you use then for chemical media?

carbon is a waste of money it only last a few days , puregen is the way to go with Africans because you want to make shore to have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites , the high ph for these fish makes the much more toxic
or you could just get a second filter and over kill the bio filtration , easier and cheaper in the long run

Chemi pure elite is Awsome! I just started using Chemi Pure Blue in two tanks. It comes with a purigen like substance already in the bag.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom