Breeding keyhole cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shipping livestock can be pricey, about 15 bucks from what I understand. I believe you ship them by using a hot pad, don't feed the fish the day before they ship, put them in a (Tupperware?) container, and put a big fat HANDLE WITH CARE on the box. If I were you, I'd sell the fish for 5 or so bucks, and just sell for the cost of shipping.

Like homedog said don't feed them a day prior to shipping. You put the fish in fish bags when you ship. 2 layers of bags just incase it leaks. You blow into the bag to add air, tie it or rubber band it, put say half a bag buddy or less into the bag. (adds oxygen to the bag) write LIVE ANIMAL on all sides of the box. Use a styrofoam box inside the shipping box. (try to stay with me lol) inside the STYrofoam box, place newspaper crippled up to make it secure for the fish bag. Tape A heat pack to the top of the styrofoam box . Place the fish and it's bag inside , tape everything down. Ship! :)

-Dylan

Like homedog said don't feed them a day prior to shipping. You put the fish in fish bags when you ship. 2 layers of bags just incase it leaks. You blow into the bag to add air, tie it or rubber band it, put say half a bag buddy or less into the bag. (adds oxygen to the bag) write LIVE ANIMAL on all sides of the box. Use a styrofoam box inside the shipping box. (try to stay with me lol) inside the STYrofoam box, place newspaper crippled up to make it secure for the fish bag. Tape A heat pack to the top of the styrofoam box . Place the fish and it's bag inside , tape everything down. Ship! :)

-Dylan
+1

Depends on how far your shipping, the more fish in a bag, the more ammonia that can build up, so be careful, and always ship overnight for the best results.

I'd go with two or three per bag, and just put multiple bags in a bigger box, rather then more fish in one bag.

Oh I forgot to add, put one fish per bag depending on the size of the fish. Like say danios, 3 or less in a bag. And use some prime which will rid the water of ammonia so if the fish does poop, it won't foul the bag.

-Dylan

Cant help you there. Never had a keyhole or even a cichlid for that matter.

-Dylan

Lol. I'm upgrading to a 50 soon. Its going to have two angelfish and a red tail shark. Thinking about a dwarf gourami there so cool looking. Two of those mini plecos. Forgot there name the ones with the whiskers. And I dont think a cichlid would work out, don't they need brackish?

-Dylan

And yeah the customer should pay for shipping in my opinion

-Dylan

Dylan angelfish are cichlids and half of the types of cichlids come from south- central America and the others come from Africa. So no there not brackish and i think you should get a rainbow shark and you could have a fair amount more fish in there.

I did not know that. What kind of cichlid do you think I should get?

-Dylan

Angelfish are cichlids but you could get a blood parrot or two there really cute here's a pic. Thanks

Attachments

• image-2431291428.jpg
    image-2431291428.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image-4056531331.jpg
    image-4056531331.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image-86098794.jpg
    image-86098794.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 72
Ya, cichlids are NOT brackish lol. Have you looked at rams? And I second the rainbow shark rather then the red tail. Also, the mini pleco with the whiskers is the bristlenose pleco. :)

Back
Top Bottom