Breeding mop & water flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sugarfoot

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello-

I'm still a bit of a newb, and brand new to breeding. I've set up a 10g tank to hatch and grow the fry, and I've made a breeding mop. Also just converted filtration on my 55g planted freshwater tank to a magnum c360.

The fish seem to love the new water flow, but my breeding mop was being moved all over the tank from the flow, which was kinda freaking out the fish, so I removed the mop.

I'm considering moving the mop to the 10g tank, and moving a male and female into that tank. I'm hesitant to move them though, since the tank has never had any habitants, plus I'm fearful of the added stress of moving the fish, and moving them back.

Alternately I could just try to tether the breeding mop with a weight?

If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it. I'm still searching through threads and videos :)

It's going to depend on the type of fish you are talking about breeding whether the mop is even necessary. Not all fish breed in them or like moving water for breeding. A few more specifics please. ;) (y)

Back
Top Bottom