Breeding pair of convicts with BN' in 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman888888

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 75 gallon tank with only a pair of breeding convicts in it at the moment

Theres 8 pieces of driftwood, 3 lava rocks, slate and 2 terra cota pots

I would also add close to 10 pleco caves if its possible that theyre compatible...
Im just wondering if the convicts have their next batch, how aggressive would they be towards BN plecos.
Would many many hiding spots make it okay?

Would the BN be able to breed?

The convicts will be aggressive towards the BN's but in a 75g with plenty of hiding spaces the BN's should be able to get away.

That being said, BN's are amazingly sneaky and may sneak in an steal some eggs. Personally, if it was a breeding tank I would not want to introduce the stress on everyone.

most people would be happy if the bn stoled some convict eggs its hard to get rid of all the babies and they breed like rabbits
I had a common pleco in with my convicts and had no problems

Thanks guys

I think i will give it a try... if i see any issues... i have a 20 gal i can put the convicts in....they just look so happy in the 75... their colours are so beautiful since being rehomed to the 75. Gotta give em a chance

Back
Top Bottom