Male Betta with 3 male guppies in a 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Mac 1966

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys

I have a 55 gallon tank with clown Loach, corydoras, rummy nose tetras, cardinals, 3 male guppies & a bristelnose pleco. I really wanted to add a male betta? Would it work with 3 male guppies? There’s a lot of tall plants in the tank with lots of hiding places/ornaments as well.

Many thanks

Mac

Guppies and bettas are generally considered not a good match. On the other hand you have a big enough tank that it may work. If you go ahead, just have a plan in case it goes wrong.

Edit: Your clown loach will outgrow your tank, and will do better if it has more of its own species.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise, and yes sorry I meant to say I have 5 juvenile clown Loach. The longterm plan is to upgrade to a 6ft tank in the next year or so. I’m not sure whether to risk the Betta with the guppies then, I may just hold out for a while until there’s no guppies left to be safe

As long as you are planning for the clown loaches to grow, that's great. They are slow growing so you have time.

Chances are your tank is big enough to accomodate a betta and guppies, but no-one can say for sure.

Back
Top Bottom