breeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those that lay eggs out of water may be able to cross, and those that lay underwater may cross with each other, but not air egg layers and water egg layers

You might want to look up the apple snail site.. it has great info on these snails.

So any mystery, aka apple, snail can breed with another mystery snail, and might, possibly, cross with a giant apple snail, though I don't think it happens often if at all.

Giant ramshorn and Asolene spixi snails are also members of the apple snail family. They cannot cross with mystery snails but they can cross with each other, both lay underwater, very similar egg masses. I'm told if they do cross, you'll get a giant plant eating monster snail as a result !

No doubt one reason the giant ramshorns aren't allowed in many places, as well as for being an invasive species. Not a cross I'd want to have.

If you try to buy Giant Ramshorns from another state or country, you'll soon find out the many places that don't allow them to be imported. Still an interesting snail to have.

Back
Top Bottom