Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tap is about 7.6 hardness 9. But there is IAL in there so I will measure again. Sand substrate floating plants, ramshorns, one rainbow growing out, 76 degrees. Flower pots and AQ 70. Funny thing is water change was 12/10. So it's due for one tomorrrow. I almost did one today but the old back got tired after changing the 40b and doing other bucket lugging misc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ERMAGERD! Good hatch juju /flail Its gotta work! I look like an idiot!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

sign me up on the pre order list after you successfully hatch and grow them...I am officially 1st on the list

I lied. It was the current. They were getting fungus'd and smelled so I chucked them.

I HAVE ORANGE LASER CORY EGGS!!!!!

I just found them all around the glass. I had to go swimming because the tank is on the bottom of the rack and hard to reach the back of it but I got them! White worms for them tomorrow!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome! If you raise some up, I will gladly buy some!

We have to make sure they hatch and I can keep the little buggers alive first.
Thanks everyone!

Quite a few issues today. Nothing like finding dead fish upon waking up. 2 rainbows and the celebes died from yesterday. I took them back and got totally different fish that they just got in. So before I did anything else when I got home I tested ammonia. It was at 1 ppm!!! Immediately did 75%water change and then waited half an hour and did another testing each time. During the serious water change the two farlowella I couldn't find yesterday showed up dead under an IAL, hence the ammonia issue!
I brought home blue/purple moscows and some mystery fish. They were a mispick and she sold them to me for $1.78 each.
I then stopped at yhe lfs I sell to so I could buy some blackworms and I scored a nice rainbow fish book for cheaper than Amazon.

Did some other chemistry today. My out of tap Kh is between 7 and 8. I didn't invert the tubes between each drop last time. Also guess what it appears my Ph is? 8.2! Omg!

Attachments

• 1450392803048.jpg
    1450392803048.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 1450392812290.jpg
    1450392812290.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 47
  • 1450392828975.jpg
    1450392828975.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 1450392839471.jpg
    1450392839471.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 45
Mystery fish (bottom pic) are gold white cloud minnows(egg scatterers).
Let some of your tap sit for 24 hours to degas and then test ph again.
That will be your real ph...

I would think the guppies love that water!

I will do. Guppies do well here!

Is $1.78 a decent price for those fish? I just thought they were really pretty. After qt I'll move them maybe with corys as I'm assuming minnows like cooler water?

1.78 is average for regs, but golds and longfins are usually 3.00+ so you did get a deal there. Those guppies are unreal!

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

1.78 is average for regs, but golds and longfins are usually 3.00+ so you did get a deal there. Those guppies are unreal!

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
The guppies were $2.08! I got there just after the truck. I will work them into my existing lines.

Sounds like a steal if I've ever heard one.... Beautiful colors

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I went to the Chicago Killifish Assoc. Meeting today. It was a fun meeting. I made new friends and bought and sold some fish. Surprisingly no one knew what cholla wood was. I sold some at a loss but at least now those people are trying it out. I sold some guppies. Everyone always comments on the reds. My mother is quite proud of herself but scolds me because I just say they are the "house strain". Lol

I purchased a small group of golden peacock endlers. And 2 pairs of killis. One pair of blue panchax and a pair of aphosymion sjoedesit? I need to go look at the label. I have the bags floating now and will start acclimating them in a few min. I wanted to warm them up before I introduced new water.

Oh I almost forgot I bought a bunch of plants dirt cheap. Can't forget the plants

I want to see those plants, those endless sound sweet! Must see

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom