Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm 38 and I'm still young at these clubs. Lol and one of the few women.

Brenna

True. To be honest at the auction I talked with a lot more people and approached them more easily then I do with non fish keepers, guess it's cause we all share the same love.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ugly scarlets and roses, I'm still laughing my head off at that.
Like when I was trying to get these brochis..trying to explain the numbers of rays and then decided to just keep it simple...get a call that "they think it's the right fish in because it has a long funny nose not like the other ones like you said"...sometimes it's easier to explain it like a five year old lol, I get better results that way

Also I've been looking into my local bap...but I wanna keep all my fish myself. Assuming I ever get anyone to spawn. My club does them as a mini auction every meeting. What's to stop you from buying them back? Gives the club a few bucks anyway

Exactly.... Buy them back... Makes peeps want them even more. They can see them.. Hold them... But not have them. Talk about makin some peeps want it even more. Plus you give to the club, which gives back to you.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not pushy at all! If I had 12 sure, I'd do it. With plecos it seems that they have bigger spawns. With the recent Orange lasers I didn't even have 6. I get sentimental about first spawns. I have the feeling my first entry will be some guppies since they drop fry like clockwork. I'm going to go read about the HAP program now.

Absolutely correct about advertising! That's also part of the reason I don't want to contradict anyone about ich right now also. Lol

I'm going to sit and sell at the killifish table at the swap coming up Jan 31. I'm going to make up personalized labels. I guess several clubs have label makers that are free to the public to use. My goal is to one day afford my own swap table!! Short term goal but baby steps!

Ps. The ich misinformed dude has a whole group of wild caught discus keeps teeheehee at 68 to 70 degrees. What's your opinion on that? I thought they needed 80s.

Brenna

IMO It would entirely depend on collection point for the wilds settings. Captives definitely require at min 82f...

Exactly.... Buy them back... Makes peeps want them even more. They can see them.. Hold them... But not have them. Talk about makin some peeps want it even more. Plus you give to the club, which gives back to you.

HAHAHAHA I don't know why I laughed so hard at this but I did. Made my day.

I wish I had a club to go to, ya'll are making me jealous :facepalm: Gotta work on getting one started up here.

Do it! I bet you would get so many unexpected high fives from sad people who think there are no fish friends around. I would!

Im telling ya sini. Ill get our club to sister yours.

You all are great! I get so many laughs and also great serious Advice too!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love AA when it's like this..everybody is on actively chatting discussing giving advice and having fun, it's great. This is the reason I join forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Andy, I swear from the stories this guy was telling about vending at fish shows he meant it really causes ich. For instance he said he has had people buy fish from him, put them in their tank and then call him up claiming his fish had ich. He said he looked his fish over and no ich so it must have been the temp change. He also doesn't do regular water changes and said how it's dangerous when you have a lot of dark debris in the bottom of the tank and it gets stirred up. Heard that before and sure it makes sense but why aren't these people doing water changes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Well it sounds like this person doesn't really understand the diseases of fish so I'm going to just leave it at that. ;) Take that for what it's worth. :whistle:

I know of a few people who also do not change their water often if not at all and they keep and breed fish for many years and their water parameters are all "perfect". But here's the difference, every fish I have seen that comes from that type of environment is stunted in growth. As I have repeatedly said, "There's more to a water change than just reducing nitrates." This is why I am very skeptical about who and where I get my fish from. I prefer wild stock over domesticated stock hands down because I know there has been little human interference in the fish. So you can take that for what it's worth as well. ;) (y)

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
You know that's hilarious but I see autocorrect messed up what I meant to type. That teeheehee was supposed to be that he keeps. Goodness!!

I should have qualified by saying he claims they are wild caught. I don't know the difference by looking

Brenna

You know that's hilarious but I see autocorrect messed up what I meant to type. That teeheehee was supposed to be that he keeps. Goodness!!

I should have qualified by saying he claims they are wild caught. I don't know the difference by looking

Brenna

It isn't really hard to tell. Their colors are, dare I say, dull or plain and they lack the elaborate patterning compared to bred strains. They are however no less beautiful, more so in some eyes.

It isn't really hard to tell. Their colors are, dare I say, dull or plain and they lack the elaborate patterning compared to bred strains. They are however no less beautiful, more so in some eyes.

May I suggest you go into Poppa's thread and look at the pics of is Mother's Discus. Those are wild fish. The only other one is a "Heckle" Discus which you can look up online as to what that looks like. So if the fish don't look like these in the pics, they are not wild.:whistle: Wild looking maybe, but not FROM the wild. ;):lol:(y)

And I'm with you Gillie, I prefer the wilds over the domestics. ;) Domestics are a good canvas as to what can be done to an animal through selective breeding and food but I'm more "old school" and like the old ones better. More of a challenge to keep. :whistle:

Both... I love em both.... Discus Addict right here.

Back
Top Bottom