Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would still get the ro, there's no sense in risking any contamination with the dehumidifier, besides it may not be "a little" apisto water for long the little buggers are like crack.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Honestly the way he was explaining it went over my head. So I'll hold off but I go back there at the end of the month to pick up a bunch of plecos and plants. I may need another 40b or 2. Doesn't help that my family encourages me, especially my mother when it comes to plecos. [emoji2]

Brenna

The big L333 is super stressed all of the sudden and pale. Just moved it a few days ago. I think it's the female, but without them lined up I'm not sure. Another thing. She doesn't look yellow. The new 4 or 5 I'm getting are white. uploadfromtaptalk1452398331662.jpg

Brenna

Ya know once you have the ro unit tou have a major expense towards the jump to the dark side ???...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ya know once you have the ro unit tou have a major expense towards the jump to the dark side ???...

He's selling it to me for $20. But the waste water is a concern because water is so expensive here and we just had a rate hike.

Brenna

He's selling it to me for $20. But the waste water is a concern because water is so expensive here and we just had a rate hike.

Brenna

I got the BRS 150 gallon par day water saver upgrade and it cut my 4:1 waste down to 2:1. At the end of the day the upgrade and the rodi unit cost me ~$250. You can get some units where its a 1:1 ratio, how important are the fish to you...

Brenna

Just how much water ends up in the sump system? I'm betting that with a bit of ingenuity you could rig a pump to push the spring water through the ro.

Just how much water ends up in the sump system? I'm betting that with a bit of ingenuity you could rig a pump to push the spring water through the ro.

Thats a great thought.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure how clean or dirty it is. That sump is not on the sewage system. It goes into the creek on the other side of the driveway. No waste water gets in there just the spring. I'll ask the old man. He put everything in because they house was moved before they bought it and my dad had to pour the basement floor and do all electric etc.

Brenna

I got the BRS 150 gallon par day water saver upgrade and it cut my 4:1 waste down to 2:1. At the end of the day the upgrade and the rodi unit cost me ~$250. You can get some units where its a 1:1 ratio, how important are the fish to you...

Fish are important obviously but I don't have to get more cichlids requiring this kind of water. I need to mull it all over. The RO unit he was selling is Coralife with new cartridges still in the package.

Brenna

So I'm wondering if the water change triggered the L333 stress or whatever she is doing. As soon as I shut the lights off I noticed the males coming out of their caves. Maybe she's frisky and I'll get eggs. I'm not so familiar with hypancistrus breeding habits. If anyone is please speak up.

I have more pictures. The killifish is the bkue gularis. I just moved them to the rack with most of the other killis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1452404562266.jpg
    1452404562266.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 1452404572103.jpg
    1452404572103.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 1452404584216.jpg
    1452404584216.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 1452404652095.jpg
    1452404652095.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 43
10g. No mop yet. They started out in a 10g but I moved them to a more convenient spot.

Those black schultzies are fatties. I would love for them to breed and then snag some fry for my gene pool! Not like my cories breed anyway...

Those black schultzies are fatties. I would love for them to breed and then snag some fry for my gene pool! Not like my cories breed anyway...
It's funny right now because they are bigger than the plecos. I'm hoping they breed. I found a local source for metae and guess what I saw? Albino paleatus? Spelling?

I need to slow down Skippy. I inquired about a snail eating fish that's not real big and also this neat livebearer that has spots and looks like my emerald dwarf rasboras as far as body shape but a little bigger. I am bad with names until I actually keep the fish.

Brenna

10g. No mop yet. They started out in a 10g but I moved them to a more convenient spot.

Anything bigger planned for when he hits max size in the near future? I've seen them hit 7" which is one of the reasons I never owned them even though they are beautiful fish when well cared for.

Basement floor plan is the limit. I could do a 20 long or a 40b but I'd need to fashion a lid for the 40b. Not spending a billion dollars on a lid. Actually tomorrow I'm going to work on rearranging down there so I can fit the 75g and more 40b's. I'm not so fond of the 10g for anything except regular sized killis and qt.

Brenna

Funny story about the male gularis. I pulled a pleco cave out while I was moving everything to their new digs and I found him inside a small pleco tunnel/cave just peaking out at me. He's pretty aggressive.

Come spring get a tank ready for the bivittatum Gillie. I've got several fry growing up nicely but not sexable to my amateur eye yet. I need to remove them probably. I found some gardneri fry also a few days ago. Cholla wood works wonders for killifish fry.

Back
Top Bottom