Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
E books are the worst... Bleck. Lol... Im old skool.... Need it in my hands. Reading my phone too long hurts me eyeballs, and causes migraines.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My plan is to try my hand at intentionally breeding the turquoise rainbows. Then when my boesmani get older I'll maybe try them depending how it goes. They sell for a good penny in my area. And I can use them for the BAP program which I'm excited about actually. I've even picked out some plants for the HAP program for next month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome... So glad your bap'n & hap'n... I honestly thought you were the whole time or I would have suggested it to you a long time ago.

Boes breed readily. Mine did all the time but I never got a chance to try to get eggs. I made one attempt and was literally chasing them with a turkey baster...tetras capitalized on that immediately lol.
Habrosus and brevis on your pals page...good to know! I would be curious what other kinds of cories he can get. I passed up some robinae and wish I hadn't...

He and the rainbow guy wholesale too.
I am not sure if he has any Robinae. I'll ask next time I email him which will be later today. Like I said he has so much that isn't on that site. I'm buying a bunch of plecos from him because he wants to get out of plecos mostly. He's retired and does swaps and stuff and reads my emails lol. Most of the fish club people seem retired or about half of them I'd say. Few women.
Brenna

Last edited:
Are they egg scatterers... Sry but rainbows is a weak point in my knowledge

Are they egg scatterers... Sry but rainbows is a weak point in my knowledge

The common Australian rainbow, splendida splendida spawn in floating plants. I've raised some of their fry. The turquoise and boesmani it was recommended to me to use mops like with killifish. The fry are tiny so they need microworms etc. I have some. Now in with corys. I was told this is the way to go because the fry only eat from top 3rd of water and the cory fry eat from anywhere so the tank will stay cleaner and be better utilized.

Don't be sorry. No one person on here knows everything.

Just did pwc on 2 killifish tanks, bivittatum fry all came out to see me and the gardneri male attacked the siphon as usual but they have larger fry than I first realized. May have to start separating them out soon. Not sure how long fry can stay with parents. I'll email a guy I know from the killifish club and ask. Lol I'm always emailing someone asking something.

So I'm slowly marking each and every cord. Blue for filters, yellow is lights, red heaters and white means air pumps. If I was really slick each tank would have a number and that number would be on the electrical tape. Still may do that.

Attachments

• 1452459535323.jpg
    1452459535323.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 1452459545937.jpg
    1452459545937.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 44
Bren if that guy has a list of cories I would be happy to peek at it.
I had my boes with my silver dollars, no plants and barely any scaping (I know, I know) and they just bred wherever whenever and let the eggs fly around

Bren if that guy has a list of cories I would be happy to peek at it.
I had my boes with my silver dollars, no plants and barely any scaping (I know, I know) and they just bred wherever whenever and let the eggs fly.

I'll see what I can do. Too cold to ship right now though. My boesmani may be two males. Now that I look at the one i thought was female it doesn't look like the female of the pair I just purchased. The pair is young yet so I'm going to try turquoise first.

So I'm slowly marking each and every cord. Blue for filters, yellow is lights, red heaters and white means air pumps. If I was really slick each tank would have a number and that number would be on the electrical tape. Still may do that.

You'll be sorry if you don't and you want to strip/empty the tank...:ermm:
Ask me how I know?:facepalm:
With just the 9 @10g in one rack numbering tanks helps for air valves,heaters....:dance:

You'll be sorry if you don't and you want to strip/empty the tank...:ermm:
Ask me how I know?:facepalm:
With just the 9 @10g in one rack numbering tanks helps for air valves,heaters....:dance:
Good advice. That's going to be next then. I'm working my way through the racks as I do water changes. Just taking a little break to check the forum. Lol I have so much written on the tanks.

Brenna

Buces- my honest opinion is avoid them for the next few years. They're a get rich quick scam. Watch the YouTube videos, who has guns at plant mills??? Not saying they're impossible but they are a cruel mistress. Now... I've accepted orders from a few sources, most show up like a pile of excrement and some.look great. They're mainly grown emersed, they grow in the wild, emersed in shaded river/brook areas. They can make the turn under water and make a recovery but I have yet to see it in my tanks. I've grown them in 4 setups. High tech, low tech, high flow.. blah blah blah over it..like I said.. few years when the corny branding had subsided and someone can actually provide a decently sustainable product?? cool mo buce time..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here is link from one of the YouTube channels I watch about the porthole livebearers. If you scroll down through his videos he has a few others if you are interested. http://youtu.be/9FwHUi9cTUg

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom