Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been feeding canned French cut green beans to the tank with the bn fry. The first time I thought I over did it but between all the plecos and snails it was gone the next day.

My new L333 hasn't moved from her cave but the other two don't come out unless the light are off and I'm not standing near them. I put food in her tank so it would land near her cave. I've been wondering if she's a white and not a yellow.

I have tons of cory eggs stuck to plants and the tank glass. I'm going to try to pull them tomorrow if they are stil there. I just wasn't well enough to mess with them today. It's really time consuming picking the eggs off the the glass by hand. Really haven't had much luck with other methods. The plan for eggs this time is to try a few methods of hatching and rearing the fry at once since there are so many eggs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I believe there is some variation in the yellows, ranging from a light cream to unmistakably yellow. All of the whites I've seen have been very white.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome to the wonderful world of not seeing your expensive pleco:) I literally forget my l134 is in the tank and I'll come out at 5 am to see em chilling on the cave.. oh hey! Youre awesome, thanks for stopping by..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahaha! It's like they hide from me purposely especially if they know I'm looking at them. Then they go deeper in their caves.

I believe there is some variation in the yellows, ranging from a light cream to unmistakably yellow. All of the whites I've seen have been very white.

That makes me feel better. The sand is buff colored and her bag water was dirty so it's so hard to tell.

Hahaha! It's like they hide from me purposely especially if they know I'm looking at them. Then they go deeper in their caves.

Precisely!

I still have that H. sp. Gurupa that I never see, haven't for quite some time now, but all the poop tells me it's alive and well.

I have never again seen the bn fry, so I am wondering if they went in another fish's belly. The rainbows just seem to have such small mouths though. After I vacuumed and siphoned water out of that tank, I was carefully examining everything for signs of fry. I found two tiny fry swimming at the surface. I have never seen free swimming fry this small before. I have also never seen fry that looked like the two I saw and was able to.net out. I do have 2 thread fin rainbows in the tank. The others are larger rainbows like emeralds and boesmani, and plecos. There are in the refugium now and I put in the micro worms in could get from swiping the side of the culture container and a drop of livebearer fry formula.

In my orange laser corys tank in found killifish fry. The orange lasers and killis were in the same tank and when I loved the orange lasers to the cory rack I moved some of their favorite plants. I guess the killis spawned in the plants. They are the Gardneri variety. I'm glad I saw them before I moved a lone male of another type into that tank. The newer orange lasers are still in qt but seem to be doing well.

Gardneri breed like rabbits! Pretty fish too. Wouldn't be surprised if the rainbows got the fry, they're pretty voracious eaters.

Gardneri breed like rabbits! Pretty fish too. Wouldn't be surprised if the rainbows got the fry, they're pretty voracious eaters.

I goofed. They are A. Australe not Gardneri fry.

I'm just wondering what the mystery fry are out of the rainbow and pleco tank.

in a few months if they survive you will find out :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I put them in a refugium with some plants. I still can find them half the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of the suspected killifish fry. I know that the eggs can hatch weeks apart and that the older ones do sometimes eat the newborns. I'm hoping in a 20g long that doesn't happen.

The mystery fry out of the rainbow and pleco tank are just too small to try to get a picture of. Really curious as to what they could be.

Attachments

• 1444200109781.jpg
    1444200109781.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 77
:D soooo cute! hopefully will grow strong and healthy and wont eat too many other fry

Despite anyone saying rainbows have narrow throats and not to feed them huge food and blah blah, they are food monsters. Would not be surprised if they were the culprits.
I wish I had a problem with too many cory eggs :( jealous!

Nothing much to report. Had a ton of cory aeneus eggs this morning. Was too busy to pull them. There should be some left tomorrow.

eggs! :D what a great time. what are your parameters for them if i may ask. ive been toying with the idea for my 40B once i move my guppies to my 72BF

Oh boy. I'm not really technical especially with this tank. 29g, T8 that emits little light. Pool filter sand. Driftwood, Najas grass, anubias, some pathetic crypts. Low 70s. Last night I added a couple IAL. The last in there had disintegrated. Fluval 206 canister. Haven't tested parameters in forever. I think my Ph is about 7.2 or 7.5 I really dont remember. They usually spawn if you keep them dark and then suddenly there is a good amount of light in the room.

Back
Top Bottom