Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok thanks :) im gona take a note. hopefully i can breed out some "regular" color or albinos. im thinking the albinos may add some 'pop' to the tank at the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've got the albino aeneus and orange lasers and some jet black with silver belly corys that I'm not positive what they are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I haven't shut their lights off yet. I'll see if I can get some. They hide in the one tank and I'm the other there are a lot of tannins so you can't see them well. Lol

you can do what you will. its 0:39 am here. lol. ive yet to shut off the lights of my ghosts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the albino aeneus. They're only tank mate is a male betta. As for the corys I think there are about 17 in there. One oddball emerald cory and I forgot it's scientific name since I only have 1. Have to feed the others to get them to come out for their picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1444539471352.jpg
    1444539471352.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 1444539493790.jpg
    1444539493790.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 56
Flower. The little lady (L333 ) rescapes this tank nightly. Digs up plants, dig up root tabs, moves sand around to make caves even though she has caves. Buries the drift wood and cholla wood. It's her tank and she is is my most costly fish and if she wants to rearrange she is more than welcome to. Unless she doesn't give me fertile eggs when she's done with qt and I put the males in. I may reconsider her scaping plan then. The boys in the other tank don't mess with anything really and have chosen already made clay caves instead of digging their own. I also found out she doesn't prefer french cut green beans or the Hikari Massivore tabs too much. Appears she likes the frozen blend of blood worms, brine, daphnia etc. I can only tell this because of what she leaves behind. Snails are eating well though.

Attachments

• 1444638156743.jpg
    1444638156743.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 47
The guppy you mean? The jumper?

Yeah, I posted on the wrong thread, but I edited my post.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Flower. The little lady (L333 ) rescapes this tank nightly. Digs up plants, dig up root tabs, moves sand around to make caves even though she has caves. Buries the drift wood and cholla wood. It's her tank and she is is my most costly fish and if she wants to rearrange she is more than welcome to. Unless she doesn't give me fertile eggs when she's done with qt and I put the males in. I may reconsider her scaping plan then. The boys in the other tank don't mess with anything really and have chosen already made clay caves instead of digging their own. I also found out she doesn't prefer french cut green beans or the Hikari Massivore tabs too much. Appears she likes the frozen blend of blood worms, brine, daphnia etc. I can only tell this because of what she leaves behind. Snails are eating well though.

Is that flower from the pennywort?

The flower I believe is from an apongaton. I can't even remember. It was there when I pulled the apongaton bulbs from another tank and it's gotten bigger and there is a second flower forming.

(I'll be honest, I haven't read it but I'm glad I found it)

Consider this a book mark with some more appropriate response to follow.

Unfortunately I can't see any pictures but, I'm a fan of Loricariidae, those l333 must be stunning.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/show-me-your-plecos-309468.html
Hope this interests you!

I posted their pics earlier in the thread but here is one from when she first got here. I guess not. Pics are not working for me today.

So I did something dumb and it may have worked out in the end. During my last bad migraine I tried to take the male bn out of the tank in the tube as was suggested so he could keep with the eggs or fry. He went nuts in the refugium. I thought he would knocked the lid off and jump out or seriosuly injury himself so in a panic I took the tube and out it back in the tank and then scooped him out and put him back. During my panic I didn't quite get the tube in the right place. It was close but maybe 5 to 6 inches off. Stupidly I added more tubes while I had the ladder out and out one right where the old one was. So the bn went into the new tube in his old spot. He's been fanning and guarding for awhile now. I think there was spawning activity with this new tube but I can't be sure. In the old tube which I assume had eggs at least one of the male L333 has moved in and is fanning and guarding something. Lol did he adopt a bristle nose batch?

In reading about breeding bn I read that it wouldn't be good to move the dad and eggs to a different tank. I don't really want to take a trio of bn and move to a 20g with guppies. So do I leave them and what do I do about the rainbows munching on fry?

Ive read that abt dad bn's as well... buuut i still do remove dad and the eggs when they're close to hatching. I dont put them in a whole new tank though. Just a see through acrylic breeder box that hangs on the tank and uses the same water to oxygenate said box. Once the kids are all over the box and dad seems over run. I let him back into his kingdom. It seems to go against what i read, but is working very well for me. Dads haven't freaked out once on me yet. Sorry to hear yours went bonkers. Hope he gets it right soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your breeder box thing looks way bigger than mine from the pics. Mine ' s finnex with a small pump to circulate new tank water in and keep things moving. What kind are you using. Yeah this guy was slamming himself against the sides and top etc. Being my only male that I looked for for a long time I didn't want to take a chance with him

Back
Top Bottom