Brian's ADA 60P (17g) Rimless - Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New camera, funny story.

Hey Brian.
I thought I'd drop you a teaser pic of my new toy. I'll PM you and tell what happened to the D5100 as to why I have this one now. LOL.
Check out this bad boy! Brian.

Attachments

• DSCF1190.jpg
    DSCF1190.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 69
Dang... now that's some nice gear! My camera looks like a toy by comparison. LOL

What kind of lens is that? Can't wait to see some pics. I created a thread in the photo section for DSLR and ILC camera pics, please post some too.

I've seen your pictures and your camera is not a toy. Your pictures are top notch. The camera is only as good as the guy behind it. And you have that artistic eye that makes me envious. We'll have fun messing with them and sharing shots and ideas my friend.
The lens is a 18 to 140 VR. I started to just get the 18-55 but the guy was a good salesman. LOL. I'm messing with some tank shots now. Brian.

Ohhhh yeah! I'm excited. Just got back from the LFS and traded in some Blyxa Japonica for store credit and got an Electric Blue Ram. I just finished acclimating him and released him in the tank. I've always wanted an EBR, but they were priced pretty high for me to risk... knowing how touchy Rams can be in general. I'm crossing my fingers he'll do well because there's no fish guarantee. But all in all, he's looking pretty healthy and not looking all stressed out. I'll keep the lights dim until he gets comfortable.

Thanks... not really drip acclimate in a traditional sense. I floated the bag for a bit, opened the top, and clipped the bag to the tank. Then I slowly added tank water ever 5 minutes, a little at a time with a turkey baster. I hope it was good enough.. did that for about 40 minutes.

That's what I used to do until I got too lazy to manually add water... I just tie a knot in some air line and start a syphon. You should be good. Keep us posted! :)

That's what I used to do until I got too lazy to manually add water... I just tie a knot in some air line and start a syphon. You should be good. Keep us posted! :)

I need to try this method... I've never drip acclimated. I thought my way was the lazy and easy way! LOL

LOL Electric Blue Ram close ups coming, I'm sure! Looking forward to it. OS.

Haha... you know me! I'm a visual guy so I had to snap some shots. Here is the EBR! Do you guys think it's a guy or gal? I think guy... not sure though.

i1lOnQXojyLFT.JPG

iZbPrEM6FaTFN.JPG

Wow, now that's what I call Electric Blue! Beautiful Brian! F4? 1/100th?

Thanks, Brian. I took both in Aperture Priority Mode. The first one was f/3.5, 18mm, 1/40 sec., ISO-1600. The second picture was f/4.5, 33mm, 1/30 SEC. ISO-3200.

The EBR was staying still so it was easy with the slower shutter. For the tetras I had to use shutter priority and bump the speed up to at least 1/60.

I post processed for contrast/brightness and cropped in photoshop. :)

Just a quick off topic question.
Any idea which would be the better program? Photoshop or Lightstream? Lightroom?. I keep hearing the you tube guys referring to this lightroom program. Should get my Ext tubes Wednesday and I'll post you some close ups of mine. OS.

Luckily my camera came bundled with Lightroom 4 (latest version now is 5). I haven't used it that much because I've been well accustomed to Photoshop. But Lightroom is suppose to be a faster at processing a lot of photos, especially when shot in RAW format. I believe it to be the preferred program to photographers because it's more intuitive, faster, and ideal for photography. Photoshop is more dynamic and powerful, however, it has a steep learning curve... it's more like a precision program. I think you can get by very well if you get LR5 and Photoshop Elements (which is a lot cheaper than the full-fledged PS).

Nice EBR! Great photography! Take good care of him! I had a pair once..miss those lil guys..they love perfect water! I'm guessing you have that covered based on the lack if h2 in that photO

Thanks, Brookster... What happened to your pair? And, I feel kinda silly to ask... but what's the lack of "h2" mean?

Back
Top Bottom