Bribo's 20 gallon rimless reef/Eventual 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just curious, what is it with the 40b? I've heard it's the footprint, the medium size factor, and even the glass thickness. Everyone seems to love them, and I admit I've never actually had an aquarium over 30 gallons :whistle:

Just curious, what is it with the 40b? I've heard it's the footprint, the medium size factor, and even the glass thickness. Everyone seems to love them, and I admit I've never actually had an aquarium over 30 gallons :whistle:

It's just a good looking tank for reefs, it's got a great foot print, it's a shorter tank so lighting/maintenance is easy, it's got more depth to it than a 55 so it's easy to scape. IMHO it's the best standard made tank size, big enough to try some non nano type fish but small enough to still have all the perks of nano systems. Just my $.02

Lil update bribo lights were price matched owner has to call orbit for confirmation but got em for less then half retail

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice ravden! And yeah I agree with bigred on the 40b. Such a nice tank overall.

Really happy on light now this weekend I have to get the new outlet run down to the box so our bedroom will be it's own private circuit, get tank the old water/vin cleaning I am thinking of spraying the back with plastic coating before set up but should have cycle started by end of June now. And question on price $4.25/lb for cultured live rock seemed like best price I've come across at store owner said he would deliver that sand and initial water mixed

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a good price for live rock but why not just get base rock instead?

So has anyone seen a birdsnest grow weirdly like this. It started out normal, growing up but more plates out. Here's a progression to show how oddly it has grown
7ggF4lI.jpg
MeVBtCV.jpg
3MmEsZt.jpg

It is growing out and down lol

I loved my 40b now I'm sorry I broke it down I miss it so much
the foot print gave many different ideas
img_2960666_0_cb1724adec8c53ea3c8dd56c4db4f3be.jpg

now if I can get macro's to take off in the 90
I basically kept the same lay out
img_2960666_1_de39aa5e28953c6f431a07af83084654.jpg

still waiting for my wife to finish upgrade on computer so I can upload more recent picts , I'm going nuts got a camera full but cant get them on comp till she's done doing her thing lol
it's come a long way especially since I added lots of new corals and stuff , I'm still fighting with macro's trying to get them to take off
hopefully soon .

That's a good price for live rock but why not just get base rock instead?

So has anyone seen a birdsnest grow weirdly like this. It started out normal, growing up but more plates out. Here's a progression to show how oddly it has grown
7ggF4lI.jpg
MeVBtCV.jpg
3MmEsZt.jpg

It is growing out and down lol

That can be a common growth. Branching sps, especially birds nest can do some funky stuff when they grow. I want to say I did reading about it a year ago and how flow effects the growth patterns.

Yeah I figure it's mostly a flow thing. Funny because my Ponapes bn right under the green is growing normally. Guess it shows how different flow can be in a close area

More like an mp40! Tune those puppies down and you're solid.

Oh if only I had $400 to drop on a powerhead...haha I'll be getting another mp10 eventually and probably upgrade the other to wireless so I can sync them.

The sync is amazing with both the mp's and radions. Took some time to get it set up due to updates for the phone app so it'll run the radions through the reef link. But my god amazing.

Back
Top Bottom