Bristlenose Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought an albino bristlenose pleco the other day and in the store there was a fully grown male and female which i really liked the look of and would love to breed them again. In a community tank though and just remove the fry.
Would I be able to add these two other plecos in the same tank as the albino?

I would think so but pm JC he is the expert on BN plecos, both albino's and regular BN's. He converted me into loving the little guys. They are difficult to find around here, esp. the albinos.

I wouldn't put two males together in the tank...there will be aggression issues between them unless the albino you have is a juvie.

*Note: Thanks for the supportive words Zagz, but I am not the BN expert. BrianNY gets the credit for that. He converted me last winter and I've been (assimilated) enamored ever since. :D

resistance is futile.

LOL, Recently there has been alot of talk about bristlenose pleco's on the board encouraging me to get them once again. The albino is a juvi, however the male and female are full grown adults I think. I would love them to breed in my community tank. How would I go about doing this; last time is was an accident. LOL

Thank you

Here are the ifs Steven. If they have enough privacy. If the pH does not fall below 6.8. If they are well fed and conditioned, then they should spawn in a community tank.

Back
Top Bottom