Bristlenose Pleco's Spawned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Been running my tank for well over 4 years now and have been through multiple moves and the ups and downs of the hobby. Finally managed to get a pair of bristlenose to actually spawn out of nowhere. Turned the lights on one day and found 7 little guys on top of the driftwood just chilling.

Currently in my 55 gallon tank I have 2 Bristlenose Pleco's as well as the 5-7 younglings. I have a multitude of guppies as they breed like rabbits. 2 Kribensis which are pairing up nicely with their shimmy and shaking and 10 cardinal tetras.

I'm running two fluval C4 hobs and I have a 48 inch Led pod light setup which I will increase the pod count as I add more live plants other then anubis Nana.

Here's the only faint picture I've been able to get with my phone of one of the pleco babies.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1449808774872.jpg
    1449808774872.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 93
There may very well be more fry yet. Usually they have larger spawns especially after the initial one. Do you have breeding tubes/caves for them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't have any tube or caves at the moment. They actually have kind of caved themselves in the driftwood tunnels and kinda made their own caves

They will spawn more/be more inclined with tubes or caves. The male can guard and raise the fry easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Okay. Definately will look into that. What do you suggest for tube or caves?

I use Terre cotta. They come in different shapes. It's best to offer a few and let the male pick which he likes.

I'll definately check that out. Thanks Brennae

This is my current lighting situation. I have a 48 inch Led display with 4 day time pods and 2 night time.

Attachments

• 1449883435380.jpg
    1449883435380.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 1449883443296.jpg
    1449883443296.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 60
Ok now I see what you were talking about with natural type caves.

Back
Top Bottom