Bristlenose Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have a bristlenose, im not sure if they eat it, but hes kept some of my tanks pretty darn clean.

A mag float is more efficient for GSA. A BN isn't a bad choice as long as the tank can handle it. Plants should be fine, but hey are still pretty messy fish.

I have 2 BN's... I pulled one out of my 125 a couple months back and put in my 40b. The back wall was a solid green wall. Now, it's just got a few spots of BBA on it... But, you should never buy a fish to solve a problem... If you like them, then you'll probably enjoy some of the benefit of them.

I have always liked plecos but I am trying my hand at a planted community this time around and so I didn't get a pleco because I got a few otos to help keep the plants clean and I think they are cool. I have a 55 btw. They cleared out my algae within a week when I got them and have kept it clean since other than the green spots. I have since reduced my lighting because it was too high without CO2 and I would like to add a pleco because I like them and was hoping that if I do it will help take care of the green spot algae.

Back
Top Bottom