Brooksters fish cave, yup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait until you see the offload point!! So much stuff!! I sense a caption contest swag giveaway soon:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That doesn't look like any fun...think positive though, it will all look so nice in the fish room!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm surprising chill despite how I thought I'd handle it. Everything has gone very smoothly, zero fish loss.. had to take an extra day off work thoigh..

Nothing better than taking a day off to do the fish, excepting financial losses of course. But if it's an emergency, well, you could lose more than a days dollar!
This counts as an emergency!
Ok, so forget co2 central. . . Sorry I missed the gag:facepalm:
What's the crack with the control panel!:blink:

I still do it old school, buckets and effort, that's getting tiresome though!
Some type of auto flip-a-switch water change doobree wotsit could be something I may ummm borrow from your design. . . Naturally I mean steal blatantly before the patent!(y)

Nothing better than taking a day off to do the fish, excepting financial losses of course. But if it's an emergency, well, you could lose more than a days dollar!
This counts as an emergency!
Ok, so forget co2 central. . . Sorry I missed the gag:facepalm:
What's the crack with the control panel!:blink:

I still do it old school, buckets and effort, that's getting tiresome though!
Some type of auto flip-a-switch water change doobree wotsit could be something I may ummm borrow from your design. . . Naturally I mean steal blatantly before the patent!(y)

Mehh, needed to be done so... also had to hit townhall for a permit..heh co2 central is a scary old gas heater. It will be removed eventually.
Control panel,.in my head, is a panel of switches that will allow me to individually control the tanks power wise. Same as a power strip really just more accessible and...cool!!! Semi automated water filler, top off.. inline drain pump.. basically trying to put the fun back in it. I'm not lazy but 40 gal of wc's a week with a 5 gal bucket is on my list of things I'd rather not do anymore. More time to mess with plants and such..

Why no python? I figured all "serious" aquarist would at least have a python, of not a more inventive way to do wc's. I do no less than 50% weekly on all my tanks for around 100g total amount changed via python. I timed it while talking to Caleb one night and it took me 1hr15m for 4 tanks. That was vacuuming and scrubbing algae off the glass too.

Jesse

Edit: I know some people are old school and still carry buckets, but that crap gets old fast!

Why no python? I figured all "serious" aquarist would at least have a python, of not a more inventive way to do wc's. I do no less than 50% weekly on all my tanks for around 100g total amount changed via python. I timed it while talking to Caleb one night and it took me 1hr15m for 4 tanks. That was vacuuming and scrubbing algae off the glass too.

Jesse

Edit: I know some people are old school and still carry buckets, but that crap gets old fast!

Depends on if you have a fast siphon lol. I have a good old fashioned one and it takes roughly an hour to drain/refill 60% of my 75g.

Caleb

If you're draining into a 5g bucket and have to stop to empty the bucket each time, you need to look at other ways of doing water changes. Buy a Brute can on wheels, and a decent pump or something. I'll never go back to buckets. Completely impractical IMO. No need to kill yourself (and your back) to enjoy a hobby efficiently.

Jesse

Had a water barrel.with pump for refills, had 4 buckets to drain into. It was lugging buckets to sink and cleaning up all the stinky water I spilled along the way. Python was to slow and an overall waste of water imo.

Had a water barrel.with pump for refills, had 4 buckets to drain into. It was lugging buckets to sink and cleaning up all the stinky water I spilled along the way. Python was to slow and an overall waste of water imo.

Couldn't you dump it down the toilet instead of the sink?

Couldn't you dump it down the toilet instead of the sink?

Yah, if the toilet wasn't all messed up.. did that for a while and noticed water from under the base.. welp.. that's out...
Doesn't matter anymore:) later crappy toilet.

Buckets buckets buckets... All i gots is buckets. Most my 150gl tanks are near a door so i just bought a 12ft 1" ID hose and run run it out the door. No hauling out anyways. Kudos to the progress brooks... Makin it yours and thats that. ?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Buckets buckets buckets... All i gots is buckets. Most my 150gl tanks are near a door so i just bought a 12ft 1" ID hose and run run it out the door. No hauling out anyways. Kudos to the progress brooks... Makin it yours and thats that. ?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I BUCKETS!!!! Charlie Buckets.. going to set up the ram garden tonight, 30 reg (long), petco tan sand. This will be a low light tank, 36" current sat plus, low co2 cause rams like gas. As for plants... some jungle val, spiral val, that huge Barclaya I have would love a little co2, and someone needs to hook it up with some reddish crypts! This tank has be a stunner! Oh yah... ermm calling the rambit! big guy needs a girl! Or a crew?? What would you stock in a species only gbr tank 36x12x16?? Green neons and rummynose tetras as well.

I would do rummies since they like it hot also!
Can't say on the greens but they are cool.
If you want to try two pair in the 30 no harm since you could move a pair if needed?

I'll send you fish next Monday so think about it.

I have never owned a python!!
Semi auto on the 180 and buckets and wheeled water for ALL others!!

Maybe I'm just lazy LOL. I don't see how you guys do it. I done buckets for a few months carrying from the downstairs bathroom to the upstairs living room in a split foyer layout apartment and refuse to ever do it again. Python or water bin on wheels only for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Which one of these tanks is going to be salty?

Hahaha none! I'm fish brokeeeeeeeeeeeeee,well need some bolivian rams..

Maybe I'm just lazy LOL. I don't see how you guys do it. I done buckets for a few months carrying from the downstairs bathroom to the upstairs living room in a split foyer layout apartment and refuse to ever do it again. Python or water bin on wheels only for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Preach on good sir!!

Bu bu but the 40 would look soooo nice with some salty fish

It's already got non salty fish in it! The 20h would be the one.. maybe some clowns?? Very simple!

Back
Top Bottom