Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ran the bml and 2 sats at the same time.. heheh the plants started pearling like crazy in 15 seconds.. fish wernt feeling it though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't blame them! Tank must look really good now!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just did some major trimming and replanting.

Attachments

• 1420068910212.jpg
    1420068910212.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 93
Your co2, flow, ferts and photoperiod timings better be spot on mate

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Your co2, flow, ferts and photoperiod timings better be spot on mate

Just the man I was looking for. Ei?? In think it's time.. should I just hit up tom barr? that pic was all 3, this is just the bml, it's not Xb strength but it's certainly more powerful than what was there.

Attachments

• 1420070294076.jpg
    1420070294076.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 86
Just the man I was looking for. Ei?? In think it's time.. should I just hit up tom barr? that pic was all 3, this is just the bml, it's not Xb strength but it's certainly more powerful than what was there.

Certainly start off EI but maybe standard dose and mix. Once your plant mass has increased then maybe bump up potassium and micros.

Looks great with the new light!!

I know you guys are behind me, but happy new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Certainly start off EI but maybe standard dose and mix. Once your plant mass has increased then maybe bump up potassium and micros.

Looks great with the new light!!

I know you guys are behind me, but happy new year!

Cool thanks, i just took out % 25 of my plant mass... wait.. what??!?! Its new years?!? You ruined itttt

Cool thanks, i just took out % 25 of my plant mass... wait.. what??!?! Its new years?!? You ruined itttt

Mine has increased in plant mass massively recently. Starting to grow out real nice.

Hopefully you'll get great growth now. When are you pulling off an ADA rescape?

Congrats on the BML, Brook. Definitely a fine piece of LED technology. Your tank shot is SOOOO bright! How much PAR are you getting out of those bad boys on that real estate?

Congrats on the BML, Brook. Definitely a fine piece of LED technology. Your tank shot is SOOOO bright! How much PAR are you getting out of those bad boys on that real estate?

I like it! Yah.. with 2 sat plus and a bml running 100%.. who does that?!?! Par?? Like 150?? It was too much. The bonsai started sounding off like the 4th of July... I'd have no real way if knowing though..

Wowzers... didn't even notice the Sat+ too. Are you still selling them or are you going to run all of them? I actually started using one Sat+ behind my E-Series to have more even coverage. The stem plants in the back have been growing better ever since.

Wowzers... didn't even notice the Sat+ too. Are you still selling them or are you going to run all of them? I actually started using one Sat+ behind my E-Series to have more even coverage. The stem plants in the back have been growing better ever since.

Funny.. i was going to sell them both.. i don't know if I will though, I'm kind of attached a bit.. it's like my first great light.. may just hang onto one for the time being. . I have future project that would probably require one anyways.

Does the BML have a gradual sunrise/sunset feature in the controller? If not, you should keep one Sat+ and add a Single Ramp Timer. Just have the Sat+ come on before and turn off after the BML.

Does the BML have a gradual sunrise/sunset feature in the controller? If not, you should keep one Sat+ and add a Single Ramp Timer. Just have the Sat+ come on before and turn off after the BML.

Yes. The solunar can run a 24 hr photoperiod with multiple sun rise/set. It's looking pretty nifty, the ramp in unison with the 2nd photoperiod of the day would be pretty freaking cool huh? Just when you think there's nothing more to blow money on..

Welcome to the dark side! What spectrum did you get? Also +1 on what sk3lly said about flow, co2 and ferts. I got away with it for a while but it will catch up to you....

Yeah pretty nifty! Happy new year, btw!

Happy new year! !

Welcome to the dark side! What spectrum did you get? Also +1 on what sk3lly said about flow, co2 and ferts. I got away with it for a while but it will catch up to you....

Thanks! I'm not sure, it's got red and white diodes, it throws almost a purple hue, i really like it. I had the sats set with the reds and blues all the way up to make it look purple, makes the red plants pop. I've got the flow pretty good atm, co2 may come up a touch and the ferts may be switching to ei..seems to be the popular choice in high light tanks, weekly dosing vs. Daily sounds nice too. I'm already doing a weekly 50% wc so why not? !

Using the EI method don't you still dose daily alternating between macro and micro?

Back
Top Bottom