brown algae and nerite snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
i think i have nerite snails
Saltwater Aquarium Invertebrates for Marine Aquariums: Nerite Snail
they look like the one on the right, i also think i have many nerite snail eggs, they are like white specs of paint all over the tank i keep scrubbing off

anyways on my back tank ive been slowly watching brown algae take over , assuming the nerites would get to it, after touching the other sides. Well i have brown algae on all sides of my tank and i just manually scrub them, i hear nerite snails are enough for brown algae but i literally dont see them touching it

sometimes i can see a path of them walking and eating over the algae, but its so minimal i can do better just rubbing it off my self, should i get more? or is this a sign that something is wrong with my tank. Btw ive had these nerites since day one of my cuc, and they are pretty active. I see them move around the wall a lot but most of the time i dont see any visible algae near them.

i once thought i was overfeeding, or that it was my tap water, but since getting a ro unit and constant 0 nitrate, im certain there is another cause. Either the nerites are useless or maybe its because my tank is near a window...although almost no light gets in during the day ..

I normally would not care but since my tank is against the wall, i cant clean the back of it, was not smart of me to place it there lol

Back
Top Bottom