Brown uglies are finally gone but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had about a month of brown algae. It has finally almost all cleared up. Tank has been going for 8 weeks now. Have 2 clowns and a damsel. My question is i have 5 snails and 3 hermit crabs and since the algae is about gone what do they eat? I would guess there will still be some types of algae they can eat but do i need to think about getting food for them? When do you think i could start adding a coral or two? Have biocube 29. All levels are at 0. PH is maybe 8.2.

Yes, you should have something in the tank for them. Are you running the lights now? That should grow some algae. You could start adding hardy corals now.

I have the stock lights and i had cut them down to about 7hrs a day. I have been only running white now. I had seen some crab food but what about snails? Can they live on that little algae? I would like an anonymity but can i do it with my stock light? Like some wavy corals.

Sounds good. Should not be bad but totally new. With the brown almost gone i do see some green growing but it is not a to. Im guessing they will sill get food off the rocks and such?

Yes. You are feeding the fish, the fish are producing waste, that waste is feeding the algae, which will feed the snails and crabs (theoretically speaking).

Appreciate the help. One the right track so far. Always hard to know exactly when i should make the next step. Trial and error!

Back
Top Bottom