bta growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

My bta has started really growing since I started feeding it raw shrimp once a week. Its starting to basically take over the right side of my tank.

It almost looks like its trying to split. On the left side its coming out and wrapping itself around a piece of rock. Its like 7 inches tall.

I'm going to reaquascape my tank this weekend due to the fact that he's blocking the main swim path behind the rocks.

His foot in on a piece of rock, when not extended it hangs upside down in it. Do you think moving it a little will bother it?

bta1.jpg

bta2.jpg

I dont think it will bother him that much, but you have to remember they are going to go where they want to go. You could always increase the current in that area to get it to move on its own. Good luck with it though!

Just make sure that his foot is not on two rocks as it will tear it it if your not careful. If you tear the foot it will surely not make it.

I only want to move him a little bit more toward the corner and foward.
He was only on 1 rock when I moved him from my 55 to this one but I'll deffinately make sure.

So you don't think he's trying to split?

Back
Top Bottom