Bubblenest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today I was going to turn the temp down, and I spotted this collection of bubbles. Is it a bubble nest ? I have DGs and I have females and males. Any info would be great, thanks. Thing is though I only brought the females about 4 days ago. Do you know when they're mature because this is a new batch of females I'm trying to breed!

DG stands for dwarf gourami. Thank you very much! I only brought my females on Saturday so surely she can't release eggs?

Yes, that is a bubble nest. Male dg will often create them in the presence of females (or even without females), so it doesn't actually mean any female is ready to mate.
How big/old are all your dg?

I've had males for about 4 months and females for a few days so the females are most likely to be 4 months and males 8-9 months. For mating purposes I move my DGs to a 10 gallon by them selves in their pairs

Well, your ladies might be a little young. Your boys should be ready to go. Have you seen the females show any interest in the bubble nest? They may still be getting used to the tank, but hopefully you can get some flirting going on soon. ;)

Umm so far one seems to be a bit curious of it . The others just hang out in the caves and stuff. Do you wants pics of tue females? And males lol :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom