Building a sump, need help and knowledge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
or pvc fittings, like caps or plugs, glue on bottom and they should only cost about .35 cents each.
that would also allow water to circulate around under the skimmer

Cool, I got some egg crate and some PVC pipe around, going to work something out, I gUess PVC is safe, thank you for the suggestion???

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Got all the stuff I needed and the plumbing too.before I hook everything up I have a couple of things I like to go over with.
My concern is power outrage or lost of siphoning while I'm not at home, want to be on the safe side just in case... I was looking at those float switch just in case the overflow stop siphoning and the pump keep running, are they safe and how they work?
Viceversa if my return pump stop working and the overflow still siphon water to the sump, I have 6-7 " of extra space in my 20 g sump I think is enough room for extra water, but just in case there is anything to stop the flow if the return pump stop working?
Is the airlifter pump for the cpr overflow box have to be plugged all the time or just to prime the overflow?
Can I use the same airlifter pump for an ato, due to limited space under my tank? Is the ato going to be on of the causes of flooding ?
Thank you

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408758550.649351.jpg
2 months after.....
The skimmer is working ok I guess, I Think is noisier than I expected.....
Fish and coral looking good

Thanks everyone for the help, really appreciate....
A bigger thanks to Mister X,really your tips helped me a lot....

Back
Top Bottom