Building sump for my 15g display

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TyFighter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_0007.jpg The people at the fish store say its going overboard to build a sump for my 15g display tank.

I say to heck with it! I'm going for it! Will they call me mad? Perhaps... but the truly mad thing would be to not try to continue improving my tank!

I have a tiny 2.5g tank with glass panels already cut out I'm planning to use for the sump.

I just thought it would be fun to post and see if anyone has any advice about this venture.

I mean.. more volume, more stability.right?? I'd go bigger, maybe a 10 gal??

I mean.. more volume, more stability.right?? I'd go bigger, maybe a 10 gal??

I totally agree! That was Part of the thought process: increase the water volume! Here is the problem with going too big:
IMG_0089.jpg

I'm very limited by how much storage room I have under my display tank. Basically none. This 2.5g tank barely even fits.

I though of maybe having a 10g tank sit outside on the dry bar next to the tank (with a refugium built into it so it's at least displaying something) but I just really not into the aesthetics. Does anyone know of a sump builder who makes tall skinny sumps? Lol

Well hot-dam! You are a genius sir! Looks super janky, but I'm a fun of some ol' fashioned ingenuity!

I guess I'll have to start a nano micro tank with this 2.5g aquarium

Back
Top Bottom