Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy Feb 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reef Octopus BH-2000 HOB skimmer & other things arrived yesterday just as we were doing our full tank rebuild. Holy cow this thing is a BEAST. I knew it would be overkill but really didn't visualize how huge it would be.
Turns out the specs quoted on the website aren't quite right. They say it's 8" x 3.25", up to 125G tank capable. But actually it's 10" x 4" & rated for 130-208G!!

Hanging on our puny little 36G it just looks silly. And it's a bit loud. But for the money I don't want to go smaller & then just have to get another one someday. Might just run this part time or something.

img_1814633_0_3f99eda996be321d57ebbff1d21adc8f.jpg

img_1814633_1_2b28f16519c273d948badbc9562beec2.jpg

- D

don_chuwish said:
Reef Octopus BH-2000 HOB skimmer & other things arrived yesterday just as we were doing our full tank rebuild. Holy cow this thing is a BEAST. I knew it would be overkill but really didn't visualize how huge it would be.
Turns out the specs quoted on the website aren't quite right. They say it's 8" x 3.25", up to 125G tank capable. But actually it's 10" x 4" & rated for 130-208G!!

Hanging on our puny little 36G it just looks silly. And it's a bit loud. But for the money I don't want to go smaller & then just have to get another one someday. Might just run this part time or something.

- D

Darn it! I shoulda went with that instead of my bh-100 I hate the big pump :(

wow, that thing is pretty huge! lol at least you know it will be enough for your tank. :-D

You can run it on a timer for when you aren't home so you don't have to hear it.

I got me a Reef Octopus Diablo 160 and a refractometer all for just over $300! I also used a $5 off coupon code I got from brs a few days before the group buy.
Also I just logged off brs and I am still showing as a group buy member. Just so you guys know. Take a look perhaps you still got a last chance!!

Don how did you get one they said out of stock even the day leading up to group buy???!!!?!?

The BH-1000 was out of stock so I ordered this instead, thinking the body was the same size but just a bigger pump. I must have just gotten lucky on the timing. 8" x 3.25" would have been much nicer tho!

- D

I would love to know how much money they got from this group buy because there seems like there was a lot of people in this one and I know I spent my fair share lol.

So, if you wanted to join but it didn't work out for one reason or another please post so I can see if it's worth getting you guys included. I hate to see people not get in. :)

I would have liked to have gotten in on this one, Carey. :whistle:

Anyone else that wanted in? If there are 9 people plus myself we can do it again.

So we have 2 people total that wanted in and didnt get their stuff. Anyone else?

You can add me. We ordered some rock and stuff to age it. Couldn't decide on other items we need.

Back
Top Bottom