Bumblebee Gobies!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Finally acquired a bunch of these guys. I know it's all I have been talking about but apparently if you live in or around Philly it's almost impossible to get these guys , so it took me a while to get what I wanted and everyone knows if you really want something one day without it feels like forever. Had to go to a place south of cherry hill, nj. They were $2.99 a piece and while I was there I grabbed 12 ghost shrimp for $2. Not bad compared to petcos 50 cents a piece for the ghost shrimp. My f8 seemed to enjoy one as soon as it dropped into the tank. The people at the store said they were breeding like crazy in the tank. I got 6 so I hope I got some of each sex. In the picture they don't have much color but it was because I had just put them in. After they were in I fed them and they gained some color back. My original BBG isn't too find of them and chases them but he'll get over it.

Attachments

• image-4137241820.jpg
    image-4137241820.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 107
Nu-Nu the eel said:
I like your perseverance :)

Yea I only had to call/visit 15-20 fish stores in pa and new jersey. Only one had them in stock a few said they get them maybe once a year if that and of those who rarely got them said if they do get them they would be $10-$30 a piece.

This place knew what they were doing. Had great selection of saltwater, brackish, and fresh. Great filtration for there tanks. a few a dead fish in them but there was a guy scooping them out and cleaning the tanks. He said they just got a shipment today so I can understand that. Everyone was nice there and if they didn't know something they would ask the other employees. I only wish this place was closer.
The one guy said they had twice as many BBGs last week. There had to be 75 BBGs. They said they liked to acclimate some to fresh and some to brackish.

I think I have 6 females and 1 male. I'm really hoping the one is male cause in about 95% sure the 6 are female. The females are all full with eggs an the other day when I turned on the light the one I believe is male was all hold and his black stripes were faded almost completely.

Attachments

• image-440850745.jpg
    image-440850745.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3178264154.jpg
    image-3178264154.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3107353725.jpg
    image-3107353725.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1576669515.jpg
    image-1576669515.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 91
Samzter said:
Do they need brackish water or marine?

The are fresh to brackish. There is one species that does much better in brackish then fresh.

sally pu said:
do I spy a freshwater flounder?

Yes. I always have a hard time finding him when ever I am trying to feed him. He probably grew about half an inch since I got him in January.

Samzter said:
Really pretty fish! Good find after all that lol! :)

Yea I'm a little upset they might all be females. I would like to try to breed them. I'm really hoping the one is male.

I love freshwater flounders. If I can get some brine shrimp, I would try to get more bumblebee gobies.

bettaowner said:
I love freshwater flounders. If I can get some brine shrimp, I would try to get more bumblebee gobies.

I feed them frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimp and fresh hatched bbs.

What type of water do you keep them in, brackish or fresh? I would love to get some if they could go in fresh

adammorrill said:
What type of water do you keep them in, brackish or fresh? I would love to get some if they could go in fresh

The freshwater flounders are highly debated on what they should be kept in. I think low brackish would be fine. There are fully fresh flounders.

Edit: I took this picture tonight.

Attachments

• image-104735595.jpg
    image-104735595.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom