Bummed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Completed my weekly water change on my 46g. A little later I'm looking at the tank from different angles & I see one of my female Bettas head down between the glass & a log. I moved the log but she didn't move, she was dead. :-( I think she'd been dead a while because she was stiff. When I think about It I don't recall seeing her when I got home, she was my biggest & the one in charge. I will miss seeing her lurking.

I'm SO sorry I see how they can be a bummer but I have one question how does your bettas get along with other fish? I have a tank 4 ft long 59 gallon with 13 tetras at the moment I plan on having 40-50 though and a BIG. Pleco named ZUES... Would a betta be suitable?

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
I'm SO sorry I see how they can be a bummer but I have one question how does your bettas get along with other fish? I have a tank 4 ft long 59 gallon with 13 tetras at the moment I plan on having 40-50 though and a BIG. Pleco named ZUES... Would a betta be suitable?

Thank you. My tank has or had 5 female Bettas, 1 mystery snail & 2 CAE's (Chinese algae eaters). It all depends on the Betta. The one that died was very dominant while the others could really care less about each other. She picked on one in particular a lot. You would have to decide on a male or female Betta, makes tend to be more aggressive. I'm not 100% sure but I think they're OK with Tetras but too many tetras may stress him or her out. The Pleco shouldn't be a problem. Again it depends on the temperament of the Betta. I'd have a back up plan if you decide to try it.

shellieca said:
Thank you. My tank has or had 5 female Bettas, 1 mystery snail & 2 CAE's (Chinese algae eaters). It all depends on the Betta. The one that died was very dominant while the others could really care less about each other. She picked on one in particular a lot. You would have to decide on a male or female Betta, makes tend to be more aggressive. I'm not 100% sure but I think they're OK with Tetras but too many tetras may stress him or her out. The Pleco shouldn't be a problem. Again it depends on the temperament of the Betta. I'd have a back up plan if you decide to try it.

Thanks a million!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom