Bump on my Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afink1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was cleaning my 30 gallon tank today and noticed a lump on the side of the mouth of my dwarf Gourami. It looks kind of like a pimple. His behaviour is completely normal and eating like usual. I tried to take a pic but hard to focus. The base is white and the tip is red.

I checked my water levels and everything is in normal limits.

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_055253286.jpg
    IMG_20180414_055253286.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 149
Hello a...

Unless you have experience in fish biology, it's difficult to know what's going on with your fish. It may just be a slight injury that's healing. All you can do is keep the water as waste free as possible with large, frequent water changes. It's difficult, if not impossible for pathogens or parasites to live and reproduce in pure water conditions.

B

I agree with BB, might be an injury, with a white fungus attached to the injured tissue.
Might also be a virus such as Lymphocystis. Either way pristine water is the best treatment.

Its ok guys, have some more coffee.. I'll get this...
Op- what are the tank parameters? That water looks a little cloudy?? That Molly in the background appears to have some ragged fins but it could be the angle??

The Molly in the background looks like it has a ragged fin but it's actually just clear. I always have to do a double take on her.

I dont remember the exact numbers besides

Ammonia and nitrites are 0
pH is 7
Nitrates were on normal range from scale

Water is a little cloud from just feeding. They are all messy and throw the food everywhere. I did a 50% water change yesterday as well.

I also just purchased a canister UV filter to help keep the tank as clean as possible

I would look into Dwarf Gourami Iridovirus .
They are defective fish all the way through IMO..
Most don't get close to one year with them.

Thank you very much. I will do some research into that disease and keep an eye on things.

Back
Top Bottom