Burrowing Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is a pictures of it. after looking online Im thinking he's something like a olive snail. what do you say everyone? Banished to the sump?

Attachments

• DSC_0488.jpg
    DSC_0488.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0484.jpg
    DSC_0484.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0487.jpg
    DSC_0487.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 110
Be carefull! Looking at picture three, I think there might be a possibility of it being a cone shell. Google them. They are lethal if they sting you.
That little white this coming out of the tip may be the barb.

The shell itself is not a cone shell, but ive heard they CAN take up in other shells aswell.

Again, I may be wrong, but i thought id mention it just in case.

thanks joy, im going towards they're those olive snails. I always wondered where the bugger went after I threw him in there because I never saw him afterwards. Which would explain why I pulled him out of the sand xD

thank you very much cloud for the heads up, Im still not 100% but I will definitely watch out where that guy is before putting my hand in the refugium.

I'd say the shell in picture two is the best representation. If you google Olive Snail those shells shape are nearly identical along with the weird coloration. He's a pretty cool looking fella, just don't want harpoons hitting me :p

well, then it will eat your other snails, and clams if you have any, unless banished. meanwhile, it's not going to have anything to eat down there.

lol how exciting. Just kidding, he is in the fuge as of yesterday havent seen him since. What do you say just throw some pellet food in there for him to eat?

Lol xD, the only things I got is some nasarrius snails. I'll make sure they stay on my good side or else

Back
Top Bottom