buying a pair of clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sneakysnacky

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I wanted to start a breeder tank, but in order to make this happen...I need to find myself a pair of clown fish! I was wondering where can I get myself mated clownfish?

any reliable websites i can check out?

Ummm you need to research. Clowns are all born the same the more dominate larger ones turn to female the smaller ones that get bullied are male. Basically you can go to any store and pick up 2 healthy clowns and one will turn male and the other female.

I have a question about this fish. I have 3 of them, bought 2 days apart, different LFS. the #1 fish is the bigger one (2") came first in my tank. and the #2 (1 1/2") came after. as soon as I introduced the #2 he/she went close to #1 and hangs around #1 all the time, no fighting at all. There is a #3 clown but he doent mind the other 2, I'm ok with that. Now. #1 & #2 is just hanging around the bottom center of the tank, there is nothing in that spot except sand and rock. they would swim upto 4" away from that spot and then comes back immediately. I had them for a week now, and #1 & #2 skipped feeding once. Should I worry about this? Thanks for reading this.

what I mean is if that behavior is normal for fish #1 & #2

yep,dont worry,as for 3 clowns be aware one may be killed but its down to the clowns,I have 2 pairs in the same tank and they get along just fine and one pair are laying eggs

yep,dont worry,as for 3 clowns be aware one may be killed but its down to the clowns,I have 2 pairs in the same tank and they get along just fine and one pair are laying eggs

thank you sir! i'll keep an eye on them.

Wait so I can just go to a store and buy two clownfish? Cause I hear that you have to buy them when they are young?

Back
Top Bottom