Buying a RO/DI filter.... help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There recently was another post about this, was very informative but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

The main things to look out for are:

Gallons Per Day (GPD)- I got one thats 60 GPD more than enough for me, I got a rubbermaid container and a float valve kit.

Make sure to get one that uses a TFC membrane, anything over 75 GPD (I think) uses dual TFC membranes, which you'll need a special shutoff kit for the float valve to work.

Get one with a pressure gauge and a TDS meter, you will need the TDS meter to so you know when you need to change the DI resine.

Get a DI unit with color changeing resin and uses the standard size resin cartridge. http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=RO1153

To save money at first or If your gonna use it for drinking water too just get a RO unit, you can easly add on a seperate DI. That way you can splice into the line easier to get your drinking water before it goes on to the DI stage.

ebay sells refillible resin cartrages and loose DI resin beads.. it can save you some money when the resin shrinks from use avoiding channeling (water flowing around the resin) by just mixing and repacking the cartrage.. Just a sidenote..

Back
Top Bottom