Buying Salt On Amazon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Found a 200 gallon box of Instant Ocean Reef Crystals for only $48 dollars. I was wondering if anyone has bought salt from amazon and if it sounds like a good idea. The seller is Petsolutions with a 98% rate. Although, the reviews were 3/5 stars because some said it just came with the box with 4 bags of salt and made it look like the bag of salt could have been anything. Need help deciding if I should go on ahead and buy this off amazon or not. I don't want to buy this and let it turn out to not be instant ocean reef crystal salt.

Petsolutions is a good store. I'd go ahead and order it directly from their website. Its. 53 bucks with free shipping. But that's what you would've paid on amazon with shipping. Don't worry, its not a scam

I did not complete writing down my thoughts. Its a matter of opinion to use regular salt or "reef" salt with corals. I would go with the cheapest or a mix of both. OP seems like he wanted "reef" salt.

I might be buying some soon. I have been using instant ocean and am thinking about switching over to reef crystals.

I have no idea why you think you can't use regular Instant Ocean if you have corals. I use it and have a tank full of SPS corals.
I also order it from Drs F&S and order 3 boxes at a time.

You make a good point. I grew corals for years and never even tried Reef Crystals. Regular I.O. works just fine. I'm a big fan of Coralife salt, too.

Yeah. I was planning on buying the io 200gal box but with the shipping added it would come close to the price of the io reef crystals w/ free shipping.

Back
Top Bottom