C02 Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flgurl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hope this the right place to ask. Been doing a lot of reading on here and was wondering about the DIY C02 setup. I plan to try a low light planted tak to see how I do at it. But I'm so curious to see if there are photos of the DIY C02 setup all hooked up. One day I hope to be able to do but right now I so want to see it in action. Cool site also.

One more question....bubble counter info. I've seen some on ebay along with diffuser, how do you set the rate of the bubbles? I mean to lower or increase them. I was thinkin that if I was to use the DIY C02, with a diffuser of course. But the bubble counter little jar has me baffled as to controlling it. Again thanks for the help.

in a diy setup you cant control the bubbles because if you slow down the co2 coming out of the bottles the pressure will build up and the yeast mixture will blow up everywhere. the bubble counter has 2 purposes in that setup. it catches the yeast crap that can make it through the tube and it lets you know that you have co2 going into your tank and how much. but you cant control it safely

Wow, some scary stuff. For me I guess if I went that route (C02) I guess I would have to use something more user friendly. Thank you for the response.

It isn't really hard at all to do. What size of tank are you going to use it on?

don't get freaked out! it's easy. we'll talk you through it.

It isn't really hard at all to do. What size of tank are you going to use it on?

29 g, I went to my lfs yesterday to get alook at the plants and ask some questions. She was nice gave me some good tips on the plants and some fish that I might like to try. When I watched the video(DIY C02) I was like cool but then the worrier in me started to question things. I'll get it one day, just like to know I'm doing it right.

And TY Tim....knowing that it's gonna make so much better, won't pull my hair. I do plan to make a log as I go along so I can get as much help as I need.

Wow that kid in the video is annoying. flgurl I'm going the same thing at the moment. I might make a video or at least a set of pictorial instructions if mine works ok. It doesn't seem too hard.

One thing I've noticed is it's sometimes easier to use sauce bottles cos you don't always have to drill a hole in the lid to attatch your airline tube.

With a 29 gallon tank you can use 2 2L bottles and have a pretty good results without worrying about to much CO2 but enough to grow plants easily.

Back
Top Bottom