Calculating the costs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well you could get some clamps to hold it on not to mention the weight of the lighting. So, could I use the egg crate under the rocks to distribute the weight?

I kind of made a list of the general stuff I would need.

Tank- 20gL
Filtration ~25-30lbs of live rock (15 base, 10-15 lr)
Maybe a Walmart filter for extra movement and a place to put the shrimp while cycling
Heater- 100w (Stealth or Ebo Jager maybe)
Lighting- 2x65w 30” Current USA Satellite PC
PH- Koraila 1 (+ plus filter circulation)
Substrate- 20lbs of Aragonite
Salt- Oceanic
Refractometer
Egg Crate
Fish Food
Fish
Corals
CUC
5g Buckets
Powerhead
25w Heater
Dechlorinator
Floating/Suction cup thermometer
Gravel vac
Airline tubing (for acclimating)

Anything I should add?

There are also a few inverts that I might like. Any thots about them?
Feather Dusters
Emerald Crab
pep or a coral baded shrimp
maybe a pistol shrimp if I get a shrimp goby
Starfish
maybe an urchin, idk much about them but something to research

Sounds good to me except the invert list, the urchin will needed to be added after the tank has been set up for a year as they need a mature tank. Might want to stay away from the pep and CBS. You will need to have LR sitting on the egg crate as the pistol will dig, dig, and dig some more, risking rock falling. Sea star, not star fish lol, needs mature tank too IMO. Feather dusters and emerald crabs are good IMO.

ok, so I'll have feather dusters and emeralds. How many of each should I get? And then maybe add a sea star lol a year after or so.

I still wouldn't. It's gonna get cramped fast. Start with one of everything, if it doesn't look cramped, add from there.

Right now how to use a refractometer is the least of my worries, I still need to figure out how to plumb the tank I will be getting. Most should include directions of how to work/calibrate it.

150g tall I hope. Petsmart had one a few weeks ago, but they sold it. May have them order another one or go to Petland and grab the 90g they have and do MH/VHO retrofits.

Oops almost forgot half the lr will be base rock to save som money. I'm also looking into various stocking arrangements of fish for a 20g.

Back
Top Bottom