Calling all Pleco ID'ing geniuses...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I took home this little guy the other day at work. We accidentally got him in with our rubber lip plecos, and he definitely isn't one of those, or a common, or a hifin, or a bristlenose (basically, any of the pleco species we carry). He has odd spots, and his tail fin has a yellow vertical stripe on the tip. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the crappy pics... Hes less than an inch long, and hes very shy. He was also scurrying around the sand, so he has quite a few sand particles on him.

img_2036126_0_9be1db04f054732c59ca42011c4866b5.jpg

I'm not sure what all the little things are? But it looks like a snowball or golden nugget pleco.

That's awesome. How much do Gold Nugget Plecos sell for?

All the little specs on him are sand grains. He was eating a little algae wafer and stirred up a bunch of sand that settled on him.

Talvari said:

All the little specs on him are sand grains. He was eating a little algae wafer and stirred up a bunch of sand that settled on him.

I'm not sure but I do know that they don't come cheap!

Look up golden nuggets and compare. Like I said, I'm having a hard time seeing him.

Talvari said:

Oh okay. I'll just look up how much they sell for.

From everything I've looked at, they range between 30-50 dollars, depending on the size.

Not too bad, since I only paid $4 for him.

He looks really young if he is a gold nugget here is mine.

Attachments

• image-645191078.jpg
    image-645191078.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom