Can corys handle 86-87f for 10 days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I slowly raised the temp of my tank to 86 yesterday. I did this in response to 2 of the 4 neons I bought yesterday from my trusted LFS had a few white spots when I woke up yesterday. I put them in a hospital tank for treatment. I should have put them in there first but I've never had sick fish from them before so I didn't. Live and learn I guess. No signs on my other fish the tank is about 86 or 87. I want to run it at this temp for 10 days but I'm worried about the corys. They seem to be eating fine. They aren't darting to the top for water that often although they appear to be breathing fast, I can't remember if they were breathing that fast before. I'm running a sponge filter in addition to my penguin which is giving increased aeration. These are juvenile corys.

They should be fine. The cories I had always breathed fast and were pretty lazy. Just keep an eye on their eating habits and coloration.

Back
Top Bottom