Can every one help me please with my pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello every one i know its been a while since ive been on here been busy with the new tank and stand and now all done but ive just seen this on my boys pleco and not to sure if its callamanus worms can any one help please as he has lose a lot off weight and not to sure why he is still eating very well as he was befor but ive never seen this and befor it was like he gad a long tail but now has gone and dont know why please help me and meny thanks russell

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434397879178.jpg
    1434397879178.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 1434397902424.jpg
    1434397902424.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 1434397925875.jpg
    1434397925875.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 122
Here are callamanus worms as I don't see anything in the picture that indicates that.

I don't see any signs of internal parasites looking at the feces in that picture. Generally fish with digestive issues will have common symptoms such as stringy white feces, reclusiveness, and refusing foods. I would suspect not either not enough foods or a low quality diet. I would increase the plecs diet but feed after the main tank lights are out to ensure he is getting enough nutrition. If he doesn't show improvement in a week or so and he is still eating I would start Repashy foods but mixing in a solution of API's General Cure. Normally I use medicated flakes but with plecs it makes it tough, this works far, far better.

http://www.store.repashy.com/meat-pie-fish-4-oz-bag.html

Last edited:
Water parameters are all good?
I agree with Hukkit.
I will add most plecos use wood (they eat it) to help aid in digestion.
Get him some wood( I didn't notice any in pics piece in middle is fake right?),change water regularly and feed quality foods that you know he is eating.

Yer water is all good all the other fish are good and he he eat really well even with all the other fish upside down like he is crazy lol but he poo is all stringy thats why i asked because i got he in the net he wasnt my mate last night i know i upset him as he would feed from my hand with the other but not last night he waiting in till i was gone

Would it hurt for me to treat the tank for wormin just in case

And no all the wood in my tank is all real apart from the flowers

Would it hurt for me to treat the tank for wormin just in case

Stringy white feces is a great indication of a digestive issue but it does not always mean internal parasites, what your actually seeing is the lining of the intestinal track. This irritation can be caused by stress, improper diet, low quality foods, and of course internal parasites. So the treatment is not a one size fits all I'm afraid.

To answer your question no it doesn't hurt the tank to treat for internal parasites as Metronidazole is very mild.

Ok thanks mate i thought i would be good to treat the tank just in case it was the worm but they are on a good diet with blood worms and colour enhancing food and cat fish pallets ive never had the worm befor i added new fish as the new tank looked emtpy when i put all my fish in the new tank so i think they come with the new fish i got and as so he lost a lot of weight

Back
Top Bottom