Can I add anything to my tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't seem overstocked to me. That sounds like a perfect arrangement. Just make sure you get 2 female platties and 1 male.

Edit: Just on the side, though, Aq brought up a good point about the temperatures. The platy prefers it cooler, but the ram needs warmer water, closer to 80 degrees. You may want to choose between them.

Sounds good! just make sure you always keep an eye on your water quality. Good luck! post some pictures!

Okay. =] If I was you, I'd go with the warmer, not the cooler, temp. The platys will adjust better than the ram, I believe. So I'd go around 78.

Yeah, my rams are set at 78, and minus the callumus worm infestation, they're thriving. ha ha

right now is
3 cardinals
2 platies
3 serpae
tomorrow iam gettting
3 cardinals
1 Platy
i have to wait for my rams ,congos, and the rest of my serpaes to come in

not yet i had one plant but it was in with my fantail and he made quick work of it but my lfs has a good selection but very pricey anyways here are some pics kinda hard to see but if you enlarge you should see them ok

I would be wary about only getting 4 congos. From what I've heard, they're a more nippy tetra, like the serpae or black skirt. So in smaller groups, they could definitely get aggressive. Better not to get them at all.

They very well might be, and I'm sorry to break it to you. It could work if you have 6 or more, but serpaes may nip at the angel's long, flowing fins. They do have a reputation to do that.

so now i got
6 cardinals
3 platies
3 serpae
still waiting for
3 serpae
2 blue rams
and only 4 congos just for a little extra space

I'd stick with what you have listed there, minus the Congos. IMO they do not belong in a 29 gallon tank. I would recommend a minimum of a 4 foot tank for Congos (40 long, 55, 75, etc.), as they are very active swimmers and will use all of that space. If you have never seen adult Congos in person, trust me, they grow quite large with a fair bit of bulk to boot.

I would be wary about only getting 4 congos. From what I've heard, they're a more nippy tetra, like the serpae or black skirt. So in smaller groups, they could definitely get aggressive. Better not to get them at all.

This hasn't been my experience with Congos. They're peaceful, just really large (for a tetra) and active. IME they are not really nippy, especially compared to serpae, etc.

I don't remember who suggested it, but I would not recommend adding any variety of Betta splendens OR a dwarf gourami. I'd expect some real issues from the serpaes... maybe not immediately, but IMO it will probably happen.

ok well iam up to
6 cardinals
6 serpea
3 platties
waiting for 2 rams in today but our lfs keeps them for a little while to make sure they are healthy i went with golden instead and thats it for this tank no more fish everyone agree this is ok??

That sounds like a good plan to me. =] Let us know if it works out well!

Back
Top Bottom