Can I add more fish to my 10gl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQU33N

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have:

1 male betta
3 zebra danios
4 oto catfish
8 neon tetras

They all get along perfectly well. Except for the 10 Norman's lampeyes which my betta took down 1 by 1 overnight.

Pls advise. Thanks!!

According to aqadvisor your stocking is already 117% which is over stocked, hopefully you have good filtration! If you want more fish I would change to a 20 gallon!

Oh thanks for the info mattyfelts. I'm currently using an HOB that's good for up to 20gl and I change 10 and 20% of the water every other day.

When I redecorate my place... I'm definitely making room for at least a 100gl. I'm hooked! :))

Oh thanks for the info mattyfelts. I'm currently using an HOB that's good for up to 20gl and I change 10 and 20% of the water every other day.

When I redecorate my place... I'm definitely making room for at least a 100gl. I'm hooked! :))

Yes that will be MUCH better for them! In your 100gl get a ram or 2, they are soooo beautiful! goodluck!

Ram fish!! I just googled to see what they looked like and what a pleasant surprise to finally be able to put a name to the fish I've always been eyeing at the fish store! I live in Hongkong and most stores have their labels in chinese and the staff don't know what they're called in English. Finally! I can read up on these fish. Hopefully own some in the future. I was always intrigued with the little yellow ones with the interesting black strip in their eyes. And their fins.. sorta reminds me of a little mohawk punk. LOL
Once again, thank you Mattyfelts!

If you look in my albums I just uploaded a photo of my juvenile female GBR (German Blue Ram) which in my opinion are the prettiest. I beleive what you are talking abut is the Golden Ram or the Bolivian Ram! I would definitely recommend them, they are the FRIENDLIEST little fish and eat any unwanted fry, etc. They also do little cute things and its just fun to watch them!

Oh they do look cute!! I'll definitely put them on my list :)

What I can't seem to figure out now is what exactly is that fish I like called?
I thought I saw them earlier, the golden balloon ram fish. They look a lot like them cept for the red in the side of their irises and the blue spots on fins. Wondering now if the ones I saw were babies and that the red and spots would appear later... hmmm.

ForumRunner_20131104_003234.jpg

I've found them! They ARE Golden balloon rams :)

I have an electric blue ram, it has the red eye and the iridescent bluey green sheen. I can never get a really good pic of it tho.... I say it cuz I dunno if it's male or female.

I have an electric blue ram, it has the red eye and the iridescent bluey green sheen. I can never get a really good pic of it tho.... I say it cuz I dunno if it's male or female.

It seems most rams have these red eyes. That's why it took me forever to google the exact same balloon ram breed that I see in the stores here.

I would've gotten these instead of what I have now if I learned about them sooner. Perhaps... for my next tank! :D

Back
Top Bottom