Can Penguin Tetras be kept with Corys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10Gallon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a 20 long in storage that will soon be set up. I've never had Penguins and would like to try them out. But from what I've read they can be a little on the aggressive side and fin nip. Will they bother bottom dwelling species such as Corys? The plan is to have about 8 Penguins and 4 Albino Corys.

No, unless you have extremely aggressive large fish like Angelfish sometimes, no one really bothers Cory cats. Also if that's what you only want in there I would up the Cory to 6 and add a few more tetras, your tank can definitely support it

No, unless you have extremely aggressive large fish like Angelfish sometimes, no one really bothers Cory cats. Also if that's what you only want in there I would up the Cory to 6 and add a few more tetras, your tank can definitely support it

So you think a 20 long can handle 6 Corys and 11 or 12 Penguins?

I have that exact configuration: it works great. You may find you need to turn down the flow of the AC50, but you'll have great filtration. Plenty for the fish you want.
Last time I had the 20 long going, I felt the AC50 didn't move much water. So I added an AC20 on the other side. But this time I'm working on some plumbing that will put the AC50's intake on the other side of the tank to get some water flowing from side to side. Since a 20 long is.....well, long lol.

Back
Top Bottom