Can soneone give me a list if mid sized cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need one with just south american cichlids I need one because on google I can't find a good list. I need sone that are from 6-8 inches.

I need one with just south american cichlids I need one because on google I can't find a good list. I need sone that are from 6-8 inches.

Do you really mean only South Americans and excluding Central Americans?

Yah I know but I want a strange one like pike cichlids or salvinis something you don't see everywhere.

I saw these ones called belly crawler pike cichlids do you guys know anything about them?

Belly crawler is an undescribed pike species. They are part of the saxitilis group and typically imported with sveni pikes in mixed tanks. They have broad heads and tend to hang out on the bott sand/gravel bed. They get about 8 inches and are moderately aggressive.

These are to go with a Oscar though I really like the looks of green terrors but I dont think they will work in a Oscar unless I had a 6 foot tank.

What are the size of blood parrots just wondering.

I've had my blood parrots since they were juvies (so about 6 or 7 months now) and are just now hitting 3 inches long. They seem like slow growers to me, so maybe get them older? They're great fish! Just make sure you're ready for them if you want them, because they're shy at first an without good hiding places they'll get too stressed. If they're swimming funny feed them blanched peas. They love it! But only once a week.

I know aren't they hybrid of south American cichlids but the ones I could buy are 3.5 inches long and they cost about 15 bucks also I have plenty of caves I'm thinking of maybe trying one of these. Can you guys give me some tips on like diet.

And also drew.hinds I know many people who mix oscars with other fish and I have to if you get them as juvies like 2.5 inches and you put them with medium sized cichlids they will be fine as long as you have a 75+ gallon tank.

Blood parrots are a hybrid of Midas and red devil cichlids and are not a good idea with an Oscar. Due to deformities from hybridization, they're teeth sit farther back in their throat, so they are unable to defend themselves properly from another fish, like an Oscar.

Really I see a lot of people with them but can you give me a different cichlid I can keep with a Oscar besides severum, firemouth and convicts

Maybe get two blood parrots so it doesn't get lonely. And mine like frozen peas, bloodworms, amd cichlid food..i have a pic up in my photos (i forgot the name of it). And they also go for the shrimp pellots that're for my upsidedown catfish sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom