Canister filter...what's good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsgracia

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone! I am looking around for a good canister filter. What are your recommendations for a 29 galon tank? Currently only have 5 Danios and 6 Tetras in there but plan on stocking more later on. I plan on running this canister filter with my Aqua-tech for about a month and then remove the Aqua-tech.

P.S.
Amazon has the Fluval 05 series on sale...what do you guys think about this one. Im thinking of either getting the 305 or 405.

I do highly recommend the Fluval 05 series, these are what i use on my aquariums and i haven't had any problems with them. You would probably get away with the 205 as this is rated for anything up to 200L or 52 US gallons :)

I have a Fluval FX5 and I can't really advise on a tank like a 29.... But I wanted to make sure you know to shop around. On Amazon my FX5 would have been $221-$234 with no media.... And that is on sale. I got mine on eBay for $234, free shipping with media. You might only save a few dollars but definitely look around. :)

I always read that I have to do twice my tank size like if I have a 29 gal to do at least a 60 gal filter is this true? Or is that overdoing t?

In my opinion you can never over filter a tank, you would probably have to keep an eye on the flow though as it may be too strong for your fish so you may have to adjust it slightly

Yep I agree. the Bigger the filter you can put on, the better. The only downside is the flow and whether it could annoy your fish (some fish come from very slow moving waters).

Back
Top Bottom