Canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had 2 sunsun 302 canisters on my 75 gallon for 4 months with zero problems. 50 dollars a piece shipped.

Well for me buying a my LFS isn't very local the closest one I have is over an hour away. I buy all of my fish from them food and and such. But things like dw at lfs was like $56 and I bought a slightly smaller piece of mopani for $10 at petco well they just can't compete. If I have to buy a filter that costs me $20-$30 more at the LFS and I have to spend that in gas to get down there on top of what will turn into an entirely wasted day. When I can buy my stuff online get the same filter cheaper with free shipping. I just saved myself $50-$60. That is why I am asking you guys about what you recommend. So it's looking like I am going with either a fluval or a rena. I now have to do more research on which one is easier to install the inline diffuser.

Well for me buying a my LFS isn't very local the closest one I have is over an hour away. I buy all of my fish from them food and and such. But things like dw at lfs was like $56 and I bought a slightly smaller piece of mopani for $10 at petco well they just can't compete. If I have to buy a filter that costs me $20-$30 more at the LFS and I have to spend that in gas to get down there on top of what will turn into an entirely wasted day. When I can buy my stuff online get the same filter cheaper with free shipping. I just saved myself $50-$60. That is why I am asking you guys about what you recommend. So it's looking like I am going with either a fluval or a rena. I now have to do more research on which one is easier to install the inline diffuser.

Definitely the Rena

The fluval comes with ribbed hoses which you will have to replace with straight hoses to run the inline diffuser. I'm doing this now to my 406. Got my co2 system coming Wednesday.

The fluval comes with ribbed hoses which you will have to replace with straight hoses to run the inline diffuser. I'm doing this now to my 406. Got my co2 system coming Wednesday.

I only replaced the intake hose which is where my reactor is. It's a cheap swap so don't sweat it. Just remember those fasteners won't fit over the tubing so get some hose clamps and tighten real tight!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom