Canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Superfish425

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have the pen plax 500 canister filter on my 29g freshwater tank and I keep loosing water pressure on the outlet. It's a bout 2 months old and I have had taken it completely apart at least once a week for cleaning which helps but is this normal for a canister filter? I thought canister filters were meant to be cleaned once a month at most... Does anyone have any suggestions on canister filters that they have had better luck than I? It may be time to upgrade

I have the Penn Plax 700 and a sun sun 302 i like the sun sun more even though u would want a larger model. The Penn pax just doesn't seem as well put together.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The penn plax is a poorly built filter I've realized that and what's worst is the customer service. I was think of upgrading to the eheim. But I'll have to do some research. Why do you like the sun sun 302 better? Is it easier to clean?

I have an Eheim Classic, and I clean it out once a month... mainly to change out the filter floss. It's easy to clean, silent and like most people with one, never have any problems with it.

Yes it's easier to clean and the parts on my Penn plax don't fit right

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

EHEIM, Fluval, and Rena are said to be good canisters. I have two 2215s, and one 2213 on order. So,.....I like Eheim.

Back
Top Bottom